Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

name this sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default name this sensor

what sensor is the green one? it has 2 wires on it and it is just above the oil pressure sending unit?

i was told it is the coolant temp. sensor? and also told(by another) it is the sending unit to control the rad. fan i have a sensor on the thermostat housing that isnt on the b16 block i was told to rewire it to this one but there is also a sensor that looks identical on the head under the vtec switch

Modified by orioncivic at 5:21 PM 9/3/2008
Old 09-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

knock sensor
Old 09-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Civic H22)

all the ED-chassis Civics I've fixed up have that on their D15/D16's. I believe it's a water temp sensor for something.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: name this sensor (orioncivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by orioncivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what sensor is the green one? it has 2 wires on it and it is just above the oil pressure sending unit?

i was told it is the coolant temp. sensor? and also told(by another) it is the sending unit to control the rad. fan i have a sensor on the thermostat housing that isnt on the b16 block i was told to rewire it to this one but there is also a sensor that looks identical on the head under the vtec switch

Modified by orioncivic at 5:21 PM 9/3/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

tell them to do some more research

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civic H22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">knock sensor</TD></TR></TABLE>

its to low for the knock sensor

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kalm_traveler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all the ED-chassis Civics I've fixed up have that on their D15/D16's. I believe it's a water temp sensor for something.</TD></TR></TABLE>

almost got it

its a fan switch that come on all obd0 motors

one wire go's to a ground and the other go's to the relay ground
Old 09-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: name this sensor (orioncivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by orioncivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what sensor is the green one? it has 2 wires on it and it is just above the oil pressure sending unit?

Modified by orioncivic at 5:21 PM 9/3/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes you have rewire it

it just a off and on switch for the fan