Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low idle at running temp. only

Old 06-05-2007, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low idle at running temp. only

Hey I did an H22 motor swap into my car about a year ago, but have been plagued with a low idle problem ever since the install.
When the engine first starts up cold it seems to idle rather good. But once the engine is up to temp. and I come to a stop it will idle at about 500rpm or maybe even lower.
Adjusting tps doesn't really help it only affects my idle when the car is moving and is neutral. Once I come to a stop it goes back to idling at about 500rpm again.
Now the other day I was checking vacuum lines (checking for cracks) and noticed the " " was cracked. I took it off and soon as I did I could hear the intake sucking air in and the rpm immideately went up to almost a perfect idle speed.
So, obiously I'm not getting enough air in (I've also messed with the fast idle screw, it doesn't make big enough diff.).
Now to note I've bypassed anything to do with the egr("Constant Vacuum Control valve", "control solenoid," "EGR Valve") cruise control, and the "intake control solenoid valve" and "intake control diaphram."
Now, I'm curious would a plugged "check valve" for the "By-pass control solenoid valve do anything??"
I've tried running searches, but nothing "I've noticed" really touches on whether its ok to completely bypass the things I have or not.
But my idle issue is only with running temp. idle. When its cold it revs high until it warms up then idles really low.
Any help greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.