Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JDM gsr header, eg apexi world sport exhaust. What cat will fit??? Searched

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM gsr header, eg apexi world sport exhaust. What cat will fit??? Searched

I just recently swapped a JDM gsr into my eg, and added an apexi world sport 2 exhaust. I was going to run the stock cat, just until I could order an aftermarket one, but the flanges don't line up on the header side. The bolt holes on the header are further apart than the bolt holes on the cat. That leads me to believe, that I would have the same problem with an aftermarket header. I just want to know if I need to order an aftermarket cat, and have a muffler shop put a different flange on it, or what. If that is the case, would they have a flange, or would I have to order one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brad
Old 06-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: JDM gsr header, eg apexi world sport exhaust. What cat will fit??? Searched (civic_freak)

ttt
Old 06-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: JDM gsr header, eg apexi world sport exhaust. What cat will fit??? Searched (civic_freak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic_freak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just recently swapped a JDM gsr into my eg, and added an apexi world sport 2 exhaust. I was going to run the stock cat, just until I could order an aftermarket one, but the flanges don't line up on the header side. The bolt holes on the header are further apart than the bolt holes on the cat. That leads me to believe, that I would have the same problem with an aftermarket header. I just want to know if I need to order an aftermarket cat, and have a muffler shop put a different flange on it, or what. If that is the case, would they have a flange, or would I have to order one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brad</TD></TR></TABLE>

There you go, you answered your own question. Muffler shops should have the flange size to match your size which should be 2" diameter from the end of the header.

BTW you can also just extend your stock cat and have them put on new flanges to fit the GSR header. The gap from the header to cat usually is about 4 inches. That's the typically gap size for the GSR swap into EG.