Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JDM CTR Harness work in USDM Car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM CTR Harness work in USDM Car?

i have a 98 spec ctr motor with the uncut harness, will this harness work or do i need to use a left hand drive harness? recipient is a 97 ek.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:35 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

use the original harness for hte car and mod it for ease of plugs matching up.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (v4lu3s)

so you know for a fact the JDM harness won't work?
Old 10-21-2003, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (*******)

Yes....the JDm harness will work. I'm using my old 98 ITR wiring harness.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ******* &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so you know for a fact the JDM harness won't work?</TD></TR></TABLE>

according to Apex i ITR it will work....but I'm pretty sure its not an easy task of making it work. I suggest you stick with a US EK engine harness, an EX harness moreover because all will be plug n' play, no fumbling around with wiring at all.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: (Katman)

Just from previous experience, use the the U.S. factory wiring harness. Its alot easier to run wires rather than extend and relocate a lot of stuff on the JDM Harness. I've done mostly JDM B18c swaps into EH's, and I found it a lot easier to use the factory harness. Good luck.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMH22HATCH)

I'm not saying its an ideal situation. I'm sayign I have used and continue to use an unmolested 98 ITR harness on my USDM 01 ITR motor and it works fine with no problems. Its a close fit though.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Apex i ITR)

good info, but i'm using the EK one piece harness as opposed to the EG/DC 2 part harness. does that even make a difference?
Old 10-21-2003, 02:35 PM

that's what you need.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ******* &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good info, but i'm using the EK one piece harness as opposed to the EG/DC 2 part harness. does that even make a difference?</TD></TR></TABLE>

let me rephrase. is it easier to stretch the EK one piece harness or easier to stretch the DC/EG 2 peice harness. i know the DC/EG RHD harnesses are a pain in the *** and not worth messing with, but i've never heard anything about using or not using the JDM EK one peice harness in a LHD car.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ******* &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

let me rephrase. is it easier to stretch the EK one piece harness or easier to stretch the DC/EG 2 peice harness. i know the DC/EG RHD harnesses are a pain in the *** and not worth messing with, but i've never heard anything about using or not using the JDM EK one peice harness in a LHD car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

for one, you can't use an EG/DC engine harness because of just that....its a 2-peice harness. You can only use an EK harness in your car. I suggest using a US EK engine harness.

96-98 EX harness, 96-98 EX harness, 96-98 EX harness ,96-98 EX harness ,96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness
Old 10-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Katman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">96-98 EX harness, 96-98 EX harness, 96-98 EX harness ,96-98 EX harness ,96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you mention that a 96-98 EX harness would be best?
Old 10-21-2003, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Katman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

for one, you can't use an EG/DC engine harness because of just that....its a 2-peice harness. You can only use an EK harness in your car. I suggest using a US EK engine harness.

96-98 EX harness, 96-98 EX harness, 96-98 EX harness ,96-98 EX harness ,96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness 96-98 EX harness </TD></TR></TABLE>

i never said i would use a DC/EG harness. i am comparing doing a JDM integra motor w/ JDM harness into a USDM integra with doing a JDM 98 spec Ctr motor w/ JDM harness into a USDM 96-98 Civic Hatchback. i know using a 96-98 EX harness would be plug and play, but i don't have that. i have the JDM ctr harness. i just want to know if anyone has used the JDM ctr harness in an EK and what they had to do to get it to work/reach. sorry that i don't want to jump on the bandwagon and accept that the only thing i can use is a 96-98 usdm harness.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ******* &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i never said i would use a DC/EG harness.

-- oops, my baad. guess i read your reply to fast. I just figured you'd give up on the whole idea of using a jdm engine harness, cuz it really isn't worth trying to make it work in your EK.

i am comparing doing a JDM integra motor w/ JDM harness into a USDM integra with doing a JDM 98 spec Ctr motor w/ JDM harness into a USDM 96-98 Civic Hatchback. i know using a 96-98 EX harness would be plug and play, but i don't have that. i have the JDM ctr harness. i just want to know if anyone has used the JDM ctr harness in an EK and what they had to do to get it to work/reach.

-- from my understanding of a JDM EK engine harness, since its a one peice design, it will not work in a LHD car, simply because the ecu is located on the other side of the firewall, which means the main ECU plugs would be located on the wrong side of the harness. So if you're really really down, you'd have to extend every one of those ecu plug wires so the harness wil fit through your passengerside firewall (behind the battery). again, its really not worth it, man. Just accept it got dammit!

sorry that i don't want to jump on the bandwagon and accept that the only thing i can use is a 96-98 usdm harness.

--- ROTF....LOL....BANDWAGON you say? haha...yer joking right? that so-called 'bandwagon' is the RIGHT WAY OF DOING THIS. If anything's a bandwagon its hybriding a Honda. Take our word for it ....use a US engine harness, either your current CX/DX harness (and do mods) or an EX harness.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-21-2003, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

all i wanted to know is if a JDM CTR harness would work in a USDM car. since you are 100% sure it won't work that answers my question. so how much do EX harnesses go for?
Old 10-21-2003, 06:39 PM

100-150 if you can find them.

just use your stock DX/CX harness and do a couple of fixes and it will be your easiest bet.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sung)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sung &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">100-150 if you can find them.

just use your stock DX/CX harness and do a couple of fixes and it will be your easiest bet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha, is this sung giving me advice on how to do a swap?
Old 10-22-2003, 07:25 AM
Trial User

If you dont listen to Villian or Katman, then its pointless for you to be on here. They both know their ****.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TODAeg6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TODAeg6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you dont listen to Villian or Katman, then its pointless for you to be on here. They both know their ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i guess you didn't read the post where i stated that since they were 100% sure it wouldn't work that i would agree with that. so are you saying its pointless for me to be on here b/c i don't agree with everything Katman or Villian says? should i believe everything they say is 100% factual? sorry that sometimes i like to try things for myself rather than accept everything i hear. if katman said the sky was green would you believe him?
Old 10-22-2003, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

besides, i thought all the FF squad guys only went with Integra Type R swaps, so maybe Katman hadn't had any experience w/ the CTR harness. This is not intended to be a flame, just an opinion.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i guess you didn't read the post where i stated that since they were 100% sure it wouldn't work that i would agree with that. so are you saying its pointless for me to be on here b/c i don't agree with everything Katman or Villian says? should i believe everything they say is 100% factual? sorry that sometimes i like to try things for myself rather than accept everything i hear. if katman said the sky was green would you believe him?

besides, i thought all the FF squad guys only went with Integra Type R swaps, so maybe Katman hadn't had any experience w/ the CTR harness. This is not intended to be a flame, just an opinion.</TD></TR></TABLE>

...someone wake up on the floor this morning?

Why are you challenging most of our responses? we're here to offer help, advice, etc., all because some of us know whats up with swaps & technical Honda info while others don't know or want to know.... not challenge them...I rub yer *******/you rub my *******.

btw, you're contradicting yourself with your statements, *******.
You typed: "i like to try things for myself rather than accept everything i hear" yet your asking & waiting for a reply from somone to your question about using a CTR engine harness working in a US vehicle? LOL...

"..so maybe Katman hadn't had any experience w/ the CTR harness."
Why not just ask me straight up?

If you don't want to take any of our advice...don't be a dick about it and try making the CTR harness work for yourself! See for yourself, first hand, how easy it will work in your LHD vehicle; and if you don't wanna listen to me, maybe I can get someone else to reply to your post and you'll listen to them, no?
Allz I'm tryin to do is save you some hassle, time, & possibly $$$ by steering you away from using the CTR engine harness

PS: all 'us' FF Squad guys are not type-R engine equipped btw. Besides that, I've personally done numerous swaps for ffriends n' ffamily and have seen numerous JDM engines and harnesses and have taken note of the differences, this is how i know a CTR harness will not be a friendly install in a LHD vehicle.

Modified by Katman at 12:10 PM 10/22/2003
Old 10-22-2003, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Katman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

...someone wake up on the floor this morning?

Why are you challenging most of our responses? we're here to offer help, advice, etc., all because some of us know whats up with swaps & technical Honda info while others don't know or want to know.... not challenge them...I rub yer *******/you rub my *******.

btw, you're contradicting yourself with your statements, *******.
You typed: "i like to try things for myself rather than accept everything i hear" yet your asking & waiting for a reply from somone to your question about using a CTR engine harness working in a US vehicle? LOL...

"..so maybe Katman hadn't had any experience w/ the CTR harness."
Why not just ask me straight up?

If you don't want to take any of our advice...don't be a dick about it and try making the CTR harness work for yourself! See for yourself, first hand, how easy it will work in your LHD vehicle; and if you don't wanna listen to me, maybe I can get someone else to reply to your post and you'll listen to them, no?
Allz I'm tryin to do is save you some hassle, time, & possibly $$$ by steering you away from using the CTR engine harness

PS: all 'us' FF Squad guys are not type-R engine equipped btw. Besides that, I've personally done numerous swaps for ffriends n' ffamily and have seen numerous JDM engines and harnesses and have taken note of the differences, this is how i know a CTR harness will not be a friendly install in a LHD vehicle.

Modified by Katman at 12:10 PM 10/22/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>

again i'm not trying to flame, i know you have a lot of experience with hybrids. i just wanted to get a broader range of responses. i am not trying to argue with you about your experience, i just want to hear from other people that may have tried using the ctr harness and what their results were. my statement about the ctr harness was not meant to be disrespectul, i've just noticed that i've never seen an ff squad car with a b16b in it.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

again i'm not trying to flame,
i know you have a lot of experience with hybrids. i just wanted to get a broader range of responses. i am not trying to argue with you about your experience, i just want to hear from other people that may have tried using the ctr harness and what their results were. my statement about the ctr harness was not meant to be disrespectul, i've just noticed that i've never seen an ff squad car with a b16b in it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I understand....but your response to others (not to me) seemed to rub off a bit aggressive imo, thats why I may have come off as defensive. Its all good tho. Well, you know my views on using this harness......good luck with whatever you do
Old 10-24-2003, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Katman - quick question, things i do not need to wire up are VTEC pressure switch, 2nd O2, CFK sensor? anything else, i'll be using the JDM ctr ecu.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

katman - do you sell obd2a - &gt; obd2b jumper harnesses? turns out my ctr ecu is a 99.