Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JDM B16A1 Wiring Questions or Vacuum Questions?? LOOK HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2001, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright, this should be the answer to ALL your JDM B16A1 wiring/vacuum hose questions. I'm afraid I don't remember the link to the site I got these off so I could give the guy mad props... but here's the diagrams I printed from his site, re-scanned (badly) in:

(see next post)

The top bit says 'on the '88 CRX, the second solenoid is called the Dashpot valve. On '89-'91 CRXs, this is called the Fast Idle Control Solenoid'. The bottom left blurb says 'On some JDM B16A1s there are two vacuum ports on the backside of the intake manifold. This one shown here has both. If yours is missing the vacuum port next to the EACV, then just "T" into the other manifold vacuum port as shown here with the red vacuum line'. The rightmost one basically says that there's a right bracket for the hoses that runs neatly behind the manifold that you can use, and it's left out of this picture.

There! That should solve ALL your problems. If not, the easiest instructions for WIRING your JDM B16A1 into an EF Civic/CRX is at TJSITE - don't all rush over there at once. HTH, everyone! Enjoy VTEC!

I'm going to go do homework now... .

[Modified by raeneshadow, 2:31 PM 4/22/2001]
Old 04-20-2001, 08:06 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (raeneshadow)

hey dude, if you still have it, could you please repost that vacuum diagram, says its no longer on the server, i sure would like to check that out. thanks...
Old 04-22-2001, 09:35 AM
jvo
New User

Default Re: (KY88CivicSiR)

here are some pics http://www.geocities.com/b16crx_11/vac.html
Old 04-22-2001, 01:33 PM

Sorry 'bout that.. didn't think anyone was still interested, this post is hella old. I deleted the pics but here's some re-scans of the hardcopies.

HTH! Let me know if you've got any questions!
Old 04-22-2001, 05:33 PM
New User

thanks alot guys! that answers some questions..... and makes some new ones....looks like my DX didn't have a pressure regulator cut off solenoid valve, so i have two lines i dont know what to hook to.. at least i have the idle where it stays constant now though.
Old 04-23-2001, 12:03 AM

Hey, what year's your car? '88 right? I've been trying to figure this out myself... seems like my bro's '89 CRX Si only has one valve on the firewall, too, and I've been wondering what to hook all the hoses up to...

Best I can figure is, the JDM B16A doesn't have a vacuum tube for the charcoal cannister, so you run one hose from the B16A's FPR to the firewall valve, and then from the valve to the intake manifold.

With my setup, I used to the stock CRX charcoal cannister in order to use both the valves... but then my car's not running right anyway
Old 04-24-2001, 06:42 PM
New User

i have everything hooked up like the pics jvo posted and it is running good, but i also have the extra dashpot on the intake manifold, and if i hook it up the motor runs rough so i just plugged it off. its... still not perfect, seems to go down to low idle too soon now, so i had to adjust the throttle cable to get the idle up higher so it wouldn't drop too low between gears.

[Modified by KY88CivicSiR, 3:51 AM 4/25/2001]
Old 06-16-2001, 04:18 PM
New User

can any of you guys help me with my wiring. I got a b20 vtec in my 88 prelude and the dam thing wont start. Theres no spark form the distributor. I tried my old distribuotr and sill no spark. Anyone know how to rewire the distributor and or anyone knoe if my problem migh be a blow relay or sumthing. The car turns over but no spark no fuel. The distributor is good works on another b16 with a pr3 ecu. oh and also my stock ecu wont spark either.