Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ITR BOGGING

Old 05-05-2006, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR BOGGING

Ok guys well i have had some problem with my jdm itr engine. Thought it had bad comp after i ordered it, but turns out that once we got it running and let it idle up to operating temp and then did the test that the numbers were 240, 240, 240, 235. I would def say that its a healthy engine. It idles like a charm, and will idle all day long, but it wants to bogg down and stall if you press the gas down to far. However if you ease into the throttle it will rev fine, all the way to 6600, well it will rev farther but i backed out at 6600. So here is my one question, i need to know the wire colors on the plugs for the iacv and the iat sensor, i wanna make sure that ihave the right ones plugged intot he right sensor. I also read that if i had them reversed or something that it can burn out the iat sensor. At this point i'd like to mention that i have a IAT cel, so that sorta makes me think that i reversed them and burnt out the sensor. Got in a hurry and didnt label all the plugs and stuff, now i regret it, but what can you do...lol. Like i said at least its running anf the comp is good when i get the bogging fixed then it wll be the end of a 3 month journey and i will be happy to have her back in my garage. Thanks for the help in advance guys.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR BOGGING (mr_gs-r)

I spoke with a friend, he has a turbo ls integra and he told me to check the IACV and clean it out with brake cleaner, he said to check the plugs make sure theey wernt reversed, check the timing he said he had seen situtaions where 1 tooth on the cams would casue a bogg, he said check the TPS and adjust if necessary. Just looking for advice on anything else to check, and the wire colors for the IACV and IAT.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:57 AM
Global Moderator

It sounds like the TPS and MAP sensor plugs are swapped.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR BOGGING (Reid)

hey i'm trying that as we speak, hope it works, i didnt knwo that the plugs were interchangeable, good info though.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

also is the iat sensor plug a 1 wire or two wire, and what is the color of the wire(s)? Thanks.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well...31 hits and i reply...lol. Come on guys i need a little help please. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok...heres and update, if i crank it cold with the tps and map sensors plugged up and let it idle til warm then unplug the tpa and map sensors it will rev run and drive fine. So i'm thinking that the culprit is that one of these sensors is bad, and input from you guys?
Old 05-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Global Moderator

Did you set the TPS to make sure it's adjusted properly?
Old 05-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR BOGGING (Reid)

what do you mean adjusted, how do i adjust it, are you referring to loosening the screws and "twisting" it.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heres the deal got all codes cleared, but

1) runs and revs with a code 7 (TPS)

2) Runs and boggs with a code 3 (MAP)

I have two plugs that i'm swapping back and forth between the tps and map sensors.

1 is a blue plug connector with three wires, that are from left to right in this order. Green/black, red/block, and yellow/blue

2 is a grey plug connector with three wires that are from left to right in this order. yellow/red, green/white, and red/green.

so it runs and revs with a code 7 with the grey plug on the map and the blue plug on the tps.

and it runs and boggs with a code 3 with the blue plug on the map and grey plug on the tps.

also the tps and map sensors were swapped out for other units multiple times with no success.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for help.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Global Moderator

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mr_gs-r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what do you mean adjusted, how do i adjust it, are you referring to loosening the screws and "twisting" it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry for the late reply, I've been running a lot of errands.

The TPS is adjusted exactly the way you described. You need to use a multimeter and a Helms manual to adjust it properly.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mr_gs-r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1 is a blue plug connector with three wires, that are from left to right in this order. Green/black, red/block, and yellow/blue</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is the TPS plug.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mr_gs-r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2 is a grey plug connector with three wires that are from left to right in this order. yellow/red, green/white, and red/green.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is the MAP plug.

So it seems that adjusting the TPS may solve all of your problems.