Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Integra/ Civic bolts

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra/ Civic bolts

I am in the midst of begining my swap for spring break. I have purchased everything that I need to put a 95 integra b18b engine into my 94 civic dx coupe. Now, my question to all those who have done this common series swap,

Do i need to hunt down all of the interga bolts for this swap or can i use my civic bolts?
Transmission to engine bolts, distributor bolts, clutch to flywheel, engine mouts, linkage, starter bolts, alternator bolts,... the whole nine yards. I know i can experiment to see what fits and what doesn't, but i am in no position to strip my car down for i need it for transportaional purposes till i begin this process. I am trying to get all of the necesary parts that I will need for this swap, every single nut and bolt. I have two week's till the operation and just want to make sure that it goes smoothly. Thnks.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:53 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 219 Likes on 196 Posts
Default Re: Integra/ Civic bolts (Jwbetley)

It would be less of a headache if you receive the B18B complete with all the bolts still intact. As for the motor mount bolts, you can still use your Civics. I know a Civic is similar to a Integra but some of the bolts are shorter than others. Whatever you don't use in the swap, make sure you keep them because you may never know when you might need that little bolt or two. By the way..if you actually lived closer I wouldn't mind coming over to help you out with the swap.....give me 4-5 hours and your car would be back on the streets with a "fresh" motor.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea, it would have been easier if i bought a full swap, but building it peice by peice makes it that much more fun. Its a b18b, excedy flywheel and stg 1 clutch, gsr trans with some other nifty components. Wanted to make it more custom to my liking. Thnks for the help though. I am mainly concerned about the flywheel/clutch bolts. I am pretty sure, from doing my friends flywheel and clutch on his integra yesterday, that i am going to need more bolts because of the aftermarket clutch having more holes to put bolts into. Can i buy these bolts from autozone or something or do i have to go to honda and wait 3 weeks to get them (personal experience). I just want to have everything, or close to everything that i need to get this engine in my car in the few days that i have. Any advise that I can get will be helpfull. thnks

Old 02-28-2005, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 02-28-2005, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Honda stuff. http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/
Acura stuff. http://www.acuraparts247.com/s...e.jsp

Some of the bolts will cross over.its never taken more than a week to get parts from these guys.usually 3 days.Majestic honda has lots of stuff in stock.If your in a big hurry call them.They can get parts from their warehouse and you can drive over the next day and grab it.
Glenn
Old 02-28-2005, 09:33 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 219 Likes on 196 Posts

Autozone, Napa, Advance...don't have **** when it comes to Honda bolts. You might stumble onto some smaller size bolts but not the larger ones. Your best bet would be from the Honda/Acura dealer or take it off from a wreckyard vehicle. Remember, don't be shocked to find out that a freakin bolt costs $10/piece at the dealer ship..since it is sold at MSRP...