Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm going h2b. questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 01:03 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm going h2b. questions.

in this :

sorry for shitty cell phone picture.

anyway.

couple questions;

has anyone removed balance shafts completely and did it/does it lower oil pressure?

so far, i understand i will need:
h motor. b trans. qsd kit. mounts. p13.

what is needed as far as additional parts/kits such as balance shaft block offs etc?

i want to have everything i need to have the swap ready to do in a single day, since this is my daily and cant be down more than a day.

thnaks.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:47 AM

if you remove the BS correctly then no, it'll be fine. kaizenspeed sells a kit.

you would also need a header modified for the h2b kit or buy one that was made for it.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rebo0t)

Are you a pro at swapping motors? If not then no you wont finish in a day.

I suggest you get the alt relocation kit. new clutch kit.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:29 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (dohcem1)

well um, i work for honda and have done plenty of b series swaps, including doing 3 or 4 by myself in one night.

**** is cake son.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (count me out)

Swapping B is easier obviously. There is a H2B FAQ threat, read it. Is cake sunny.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by count me out &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well um, i work for honda and have done plenty of b series swaps, including doing 3 or 4 by myself in one night.

**** is cake son.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well um, if it's so [freak]ing easy then go right ahead and do it in a day, and post pictures.

Don't ask questions and then act cocky about a swap you've never even done.

Modified by Bense at 3:18 PM 8/12/2008
Old 08-11-2008, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pippen_001)

Thats y i asked if youre a pro.... in this case you said you are then yeh you can do it in a day.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:40 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (gibsanez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gibsanez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well um, if it's so ******* easy then go right ahead and do it in a day, and post pictures.

Don't ask questions and then act cocky about a swap you've never even done.</TD></TR></TABLE>
lol. its the same as a b series swap **** head. slightly different wiring and a few other things are different, but its pretty much the same.

youre so cool, bypassing the profanity filter d00d. plz teach me how to be like you.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by count me out &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol. its the same as a b series swap **** head. slightly different wiring and a few other things are different, but its pretty much the same.

youre so cool, bypassing the profanity filter d00d. plz teach me how to be like you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Right, i forgot that the H22 is the exact same size as an H22, and you won't run into balance shaft, alternator, and crank pulley clearance issues, let alone hood clearance, plus the stock down pipe won't be at the right angle.

But what do I know, you've done countless B swaps so you'll be fine.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:04 AM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you have help, everything you need before hand and start early enough in the morning it can be done in a day.
Everything means - crank pulleys, pounded frame rail, correct header, exhaust person to finish exhaust, etc

I have done / helped a few H2B swaps now and I believe if i had 2-3 people you could get it done .

Espiecially if the car is already wired for a b series setup. Have one friend start grinding the block ( time intensive when checking for clearances), while the others rip the old setup out.

It wouldnt be easy, but its not impossible.
The one piece of advice i could give is not to EXPECT to get it done in one day. You always run into little problems and if you go in expecting it you probably wont.

As was already said kaizenspeed makes a VERY nice kit. all the instructions are there to install it. No loss of oil pressure at all in my race motor, so i would imagine a street motor would be fine. . .

Good luck
Old 08-11-2008, 10:49 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by count me out &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**** is cake son.</TD></TR></TABLE>
dont forget you need to grind the back of the H22 block to clear the axles.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by count me out &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well um, i work for honda and have done plenty of b series swaps, including doing 3 or 4 by myself in one night.

**** is cake son.</TD></TR></TABLE>

then why don't you ask some of you other professional co-workers, as you're obviously too good for our assistance.

PS: nearly every single one of your questions has been answered in the H2B/F2B FAQ that is stickied right at the top of this forum. Did you miss it? If so here is a direct link:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1998426
Old 08-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, I garantee you will not finish in one day....
Old 08-14-2008, 10:54 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (88ED8)

if the motor is prepared to go in, meaning balance shafts done, crank pulley done, t belt/wp done, wiring done, block grinded for clearance etc, yes, i will swap it in one day. its not as hard as you people make it sound, especially considering it mounts just like a b series, which like ive said, ive done many of, 3 or 4 in one evening by myself.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well good luck then bro
Old 08-15-2008, 05:53 AM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by count me out &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if the motor is prepared to go in, meaning balance shafts done, crank pulley done, t belt/wp done, wiring done, block grinded for clearance etc, yes, i will swap it in one day. its not as hard as you people make it sound, especially considering it mounts just like a b series, which like ive said, ive done many of, 3 or 4 in one evening by myself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you're so good, then you don't need us, so there's no point in this thread being open.