Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

idle is high and no power at all

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idle is high and no power at all

ok my dad saids he will look at my engine problem, but its been two weeks and i tired of waiting. i think that i could try and solve the problem myself. i have a b18c(obd2) swap into my 94 honda civic ex. my engine light is on and it has a single blink. i'm having trouble starting it when the engine is cool, but once the engine starts and warms up the idle keep increasing. the car drive, but there's no power(hp) and it is taking alot of gas. i broke one of the plastic ait sensor tube during the swap, but i superglued it back together. is this the cause of my problem or is it the black air canister? it came with the swap, but i figured that i don't need to swith it since it was never mention in the swap info. all the wirings seems to be correct. how could i check if the sensor is bad or not, or do i have something else that is bad? any info. would realy help my car when it is on the road. if it comes to worst i could nag to my father about it and hopefully he would check what is wrong with the car.
Old 04-16-2002, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: idle is high and no power at all (b18civic)

Code 1 means primary O2 sensor circuit high or low voltage. On your O2 sensor check the voltage between the white wire and the ground. When cold voltage will be .1 to .2 Volts, and after a couple of min. it will begin to fluctuate between .1 and .9V if not you have a bad O2 and you need to replace it.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:04 PM

Default Re: idle is high and no power at all (WOTM_EJ6)

this sounds too complicated, so i'll should just have my dad use the diagnostic scanner and fine out what's the real problem is cause i can't tell if it is a code 1 or 10. i don't know if it is a fast blink or a slow blink when it is my first and only blink. i think it is either the o2 sensor that is bad or the ait sensor, or i could be completely wrong. i should be patient and have the old man find out what is the problem. other suggestion as to what the problem could be would be great just in case the old man don't know either (he is no expert on hybrid, but he is damn good). thanks for the info
Old 04-22-2002, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: idle is high and no power at all (b18civic)

I don't know if you have fixed the problem yet but if it is a code 10 thats the IAT like you said. The IAT is easier to test just get an Ohmmeter and measure the resistance between the two terminals on the sensor. You should get a reading of 0.4 - 4 k-ohms from the sensor at room temp. Also check the voltage from the harness, turn the ignition key to the on position, don't start the engine. Check the voltage at the red/yellow wire if it is around 5v and your sensor tested out OK then your code is probably a code 1. Otherwise replace the IAT sensor and reset the code and see what happens.