Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IACV Fix Question and Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IACV Fix Question and Help

This might be long but please bear with me. The motor is a JDM
D15B (obd1) the motor is in a 96 hatch. the plug that came on the IACV had a green wire and a black wire. I assumed that the black went to the the yellow and black wire on my dx harness and the green went to the blue and black wire on the dx harness and the orange wire was to to be left unattached according to katmans wiring. Now I am using the obd1 ecu (P08) and instead of my mechanic using a obd2a to obd1 conversion harness he went to a junkyard and cut the wiring from under the dash of a obd1civic . He then wired it up wire by wire dont ask why but he did. So anyways today I was examining the wiring to the ecu because I had doubts and found a big mistake. My mechanic had the green and white wire from the Obd1 ecu plug connected to the orange wire form the obd2 harness. I'm like WTF the orange isn't even hooke into anything. So I proceed to attach the green anfd white wire to the correct blue and black wire on my harness. I started my car anf the idle shot up to 2500 rpm and stayed there at this point Im puzzled. i now unatach the two wires and leave the green and white wire unattached. I start the car and it idled normally. So I figured since the green and white wire and the blue and black wire have to be connected together that the problem had to be with the black wire coming from the sensor i assume he didn't connect it to the right wire when wiring up the two harnesses. So assuming the black wire on the sensor is the ground I just decided to run a ground wire to my negative batery teriminal just to test my theory out . I did this when I turned on my car it idled great , then I gave it gas and my car just died I went to turn it on again and I would start it cranked but didn't start. I tried again and this time listned for the fuel pump before turning the key all the way I didn't hear it. So now i am stuck and my car wont start and I think I fried my ecu. What went wrong hear is the
black wire actually power not ground. If it is power is it possible that my mechanic didnt hook up the power wire on the dx harness to the right power wire on the obd1 harness.Or if he did hook it up properly the sensor itself is bad?? I am stumped and pissed and help would be great I no this is complex but I hope someone understands.