Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hondata & H22's on GSR programs

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata & H22's on GSR programs

I just recently got a Hondata s200 setup for my car. The thing is that I got a p28 (for a good deal) and either way I am gonna get a single runner intake in the future (so I didnt need the p72/p13 for that). A guy I know has the ability to write hondata eproms, but isnt good at making base maps. So my question is....How good will an h22 run off a GSR program(since thats the best he could get). Just for a way to run obd1......

I know I need it tuned really bad, but I remember seeing a dyno graph of an H22 running off an unchipped p72, and it seems like it only killed power around vtec changeover....any help would be appreciated..

Thanks
Mark
Old 04-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata & H22's on GSR programs (SlvrEj6Dx)

first off i am not experianced in this topic.....

but my bro has used a chipped p28 (i think it was a spoon replica chip) that was chipped for a b18c1 for his h22 and it ran pretty strong without any problems.....and im guessing your egr will stay closed anyway?
Old 04-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think the graph you described is the graph on Import reviews site.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata & H22's on GSR programs (fastwanabe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think the graph you described is the graph on Import reviews site.</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and im guessing your egr will stay closed anyway?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah...thats where it was...I couldnt remember...

As far as I know the EGR should stay close (the p28 doesnt have anything to control it) But the EGR is only used while cruizing. So it shouldnt matter.

Mark
Old 04-09-2003, 06:27 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlvrEj6Dx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just recently got a Hondata s200 setup for my car. The thing is that I got a p28 (for a good deal) and either way I am gonna get a single runner intake in the future (so I didnt need the p72/p13 for that). A guy I know has the ability to write hondata eproms, but isnt good at making base maps. So my question is....How good will an h22 run off a GSR program(since thats the best he could get). </TD></TR></TABLE>

Since you have the Hondata S200 setup, get the H22A Type S fuel mappings and settings and run that setup on your car. It runs very smooth and pull good in VTEC. Any Hondata dealer should have that and can burn it to a chip for you.

Old 04-09-2003, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata & H22's on GSR programs (Newman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since you have the Hondata S200 setup, get the H22A Type S fuel mappings and settings and run that setup on your car. It runs very smooth and pull good in VTEC. Any Hondata dealer should have that and can burn it to a chip for you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well.....see I know a guy that can burn me a chip. But his friend said that the fuel and timing maps might be off. Basically he said he has an h22 program for the p13, but seems to think that it might not run right with a p28.

I'm really stumped on this one....

Mark