Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hondamotorsonline??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hondamotorsonline??

quick ? is this the right web address, http://www.hondamotorsonline.com
i thought that was right, doesn't seem to be working.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:49 PM

Default Re: hondamotorsonline?? (MIRRAdekhtc)

www.hmotorsonline.com
Old 02-15-2003, 01:15 AM
New User

Default Re: hondamotorsonline?? (Jawad)

dont buy from him. he's shady! and he will rip you off!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2003, 08:02 AM

Default Re: hondamotorsonline?? (0gsR)

U r very,very wrooooooooong!!!! Got an H22a with everything (plus extras) for an unbelievable price,when I first saw the motor I almost dropped it look NEEEEEW!!!!!So I give HMO 2 PS. By the way 0gsR not everybody is PERFECT in this world,people (Steve) does make mistakes in their lifetime,because I dont think if Steve was perfect, he will not be in this kind of business (trying to make every single one of us happy) Because its IMPOSSIBLE to MAKE EVERYBODY happy and thats my 2.5 cents, and again 2 for HMO, And no I dont work 4 HMO

[Modified by 94nvt, 5:06 PM 2/15/2003]
Old 02-15-2003, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that is the biggest load of crap i have ever heard!! HMO is awsome... steves guys sent me the wrong shift linkage and he sent me a new one for free.. he didnt even want the old one back... plus when i ordred the motor he gave me a motor mount and the shift linkage for 50 bucks.. and he knocked off $50 on shipping.. HMO
Old 02-15-2003, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

steve is a good guy i would recommend him to any one that needs a motor i got my 2 gen b16 from him last month and when the motor came i was shocked. it was so clean u could eat of it. its in my car and running like a champ. i would do bussiness with him again.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:00 PM

Default Re: hondamotorsonline?? (drvfast)

Hmo is awesome....go with them
Old 02-15-2003, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Taken from a person who has probably not bought a motor from them and based all his opinions on rumors. HMO like an other company has had it's share of bad business but they've also pleased a lot of people too. You're buying used so naturally there are going to be a few bad apples in the bunch
Old 02-16-2003, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondamotorsonline?? (VTECVillain)

I was pleased with my GSR from Steve. Let the flaming begin!!!
Old 02-16-2003, 06:23 AM

Default Re: hondamotorsonline?? (leadfoot78)

bullshit...steve rocks fool... i have been up there too many times and every time i go up there he shows me nothing but love...a person could not stay in this type of business and handle that type of volume if he was ripping people off...i cant tell you how many times i have fucked up something on my car and had him replace it for next to nothing...once again...steve and HMO is the bomb dizzle...fa shizzle
Old 02-16-2003, 01:00 PM

I also got my first gen B16 from HMO and it runs awsome. It was so damn clean and it came with everything i needed, even the rear mount bracket where i have heard that they don't come with from other companies. I reccommend HMO to anyone!!!
Old 02-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondamotorsonline?? (projecthybrid04)

i have nothing to say but positive things. Alot of people say that they can find stuff cheaper elsewhere, but do they have it in stock? Will it even work? Does it come with all the parts as promised? In terms of price/performace, HMO=best. Nothing even comes close. You see places like osaka come and go, offering great prices... but nothing more then that.
For what you get, HMO has the best deals around, would recommend to anyone!
Old 02-17-2003, 03:54 PM

Default Re: hondamotorsonline?? (irev210)

no doubt steve is the man! great prices, great service (the guys runs the place pretty much by himself)...quick story: orderd a tranny from steve(which he does not normaly do so dont ask) now im not a "known" customer or anything, i dont order swaps all that much...just one! so i orderd my tranny, steve tells me its gonna be about 2 weeks before i would get it. ok a breif wait, ill live. 17 days go by, no tranny. so me being the untight a-hole that i am call steve...seems that his now former "helper" or whatever misplaced my order and it would be another 2 weeks before i get my tranny...(kinda bumd but understanding) for the inconvience steve gave me a way never tranny with less miles that turns out to be brand new! i can eat cereal out of the housing its so clean! steve is a great guy, he goes out of his way to make people happy!
Old 02-18-2003, 11:00 AM
Trial User

Since this has turned into defense of Steve, I will chime in. Although, at times hard to contact, he really came through for me. When you contact him, he is willing to give his time and consideration and the B18C has been great. I could give you ten things that did not go well, but is swapping that simple? In the end, he did me right. If he hired some more help he could become the best in all areas...except, possibly, price. He seems to be a one man show, but his prices can't be beat and he knows what you need. A B18C in a CRX? He had to replace the distributor and injectors and use a PR3 ECU and YS1 tranny. I got all of it, including the Hasport billet mounts from him for one, great price. He gets my, qualified, recommendation.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:02 PM

Default Re: hondamotorsonline?? (SuperStar19)

wow, thanks for all the responses.
i agree everyone has done both good and bad business, but it seems that quite a few of you had great things to say about hmo, just wanted an opinion. See my local shop orders there motors from hmo, and noone around here knows that, i found out from an inside source, which is good, b/c, when i checked on hmo's website for some pricing on a 1st gen. b16, for a crx, swap, and then asked my local shop to check on some prices too, his were way to much, like 1,900?? *** that. Screw that, i'll just order it direct.