Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hondamotors online engine messed up

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hondamotors online engine messed up (JDMspecEG6)

s.... I don't give a ****... anytime **** comes up about HMO or Steve I'm gonna talk ****... to HMO
Yes, we noticed...and it's quite often too.

But for HMO.

[Modified by Prelude_RCR, 5:01 AM 11/19/2002]
Old 11-19-2002, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Hondamotors online engine messed up (Prelude_RCR)

Im in tampa and there only a few people around here who get motors and theure not very big either, theyre just "the little guys", so i cant really go look at a motor from say steve, or osaka motors....but i did start dealing with steve about 2 years ago and dont plan on stopping anytime soon, i have never had anyhting but the best quality motors from steve and top notch customer service!!! and this is on top of his great prices also!!!

s.... I don't give a ****... anytime **** comes up about HMO or Steve I'm gonna talk ****... to HMO
and ill be there to back steve up!!!

chris
to HMO

[Modified by The Mole, 1:25 PM 11/19/2002]

[Modified by The Mole, 1:26 PM 11/19/2002]
Old 11-19-2002, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondamotors online engine messed up (The Mole)

When I got my motor is has NO OIL in it, the air filter was DIRTY, NO coolant, the hoses were cut CROOKED not straight. HAHAH J/K

I got a b20b from steve. It was great condition. When I later order'd the B16a head he forgot the OB throttlebody. Which he sent out next day for me. Everything for me with HMO has been good, and will buy from him again
Old 11-19-2002, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Hondamotors online engine messed up (TDCPerformance)

My buddies and I have ordered so much from HMO. But I think what has really set me off about the company was Steve always taking care of me. Not only as a customer but as a friend. I got the chance to visit the old shop when I was down in California on vacation, Steve hooked my up with an ITR MC/booster, Integra Intake with round filter, ITR radiator, and a couple other little trinkets (The security guys at the airport had a fun time with that). Steve is always happy to help me out.

I've personalyl purchased several motor for me and tons of other little goodies for my cars from him. I had a CRX with a 1st gen b16. We ordered the motor through steve. It was my first swap so it took a little doing to get it done. Got it finished and over the course of rebuilding the car (which took the better part of a year and its still not finished) I was driving it very rarely. The CRX was my second car. We had the motor for the better part of a year but never put more than a 100 miles on it. Finally something happened to my daily driver and I was forced to drive the project CRX around. Got a couple hundred miles on it with no problems. Then one day after work I started it and it started knocking like crazy. I called Steve and he could hear it over my cell phone. He was like daayyuummm! I have no idea if it was a bad block or my fault. We had the motor running very wrong for the first couple miles. It was probably a fault of my own. Its hard to tell because the knock came on so suddenly.

Guess what?! I got a B16 shortblock free of charge shipped to me. Talk about good customer service. Steve takes extremely good care of me. I've got another project that I am working on that I recently purchased through HMO. Once again, Steve offered me a killer deal and is working with me on the project.

I am not simply talking out of my *** about being an HMO supporter for life, I truly believe that HMO is the only way to go. I will not shop anywhere else for the simplet fact that I have peace of mind knowing that if I get a swap and something is wrong, Steve is there to help me out. Sure, you are buying a used motor. It sucks *** to stay up late getting everything running right only to find out that you've got a bad motor. But whats worse, is staying up late to find out you've got a bad motor and being stuck with it. I cannot stress that enough. Simply treat Steve with the respect and dignity of a person, because he is only human. He will also do whatever he can to help you out. If he eats shipping charges or the cost of a longblock, he will. He cares too much about his customers that take care of him.

[Modified by Slurp56, 9:32 PM 11/19/2002]
Old 11-19-2002, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Hondamotors online engine messed up (TDCPerformance)

When I got my motor is has NO OIL in it, the air filter was DIRTY, NO coolant, the hoses were cut CROOKED not straight. HAHAH J/K
I'm sorry, that was just WAY to funny
Old 04-30-2003, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Hondamotors online engine messed up (Slurp56)

Yeah, the guy seems like a genuinely great guy. I just ordered my motor today and he was talkin to me like we were old high school buddies or something. I'll let you guys know how it looks once it gets here.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondamotors online engine messed up (dee-ecks)

I think it's rather strange how alot of ppl here say that this Steve is a great guy to deal with. How do they know this? Everytime I've called there I get too much coffee man on the phone; they don't tell me their names. They seem willing to help when it comes down to it. Seems like they are busy working and don't have much time for phone customers.

Again, how do you know you are dealing with Steve?
Old 04-30-2003, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Hondamotors online engine messed up (AresB16A2Turbo)

I was scared at 1st when deciding where to buy my swap after hearing about all these horror stories. I eventually took the risk and go with steve@Hmotors. I called like 4 times that day about the motor and stuff, and he picked up the phone the whole time, i never any trouble contacting him. but my fear was about the tps sensor since almost everyone had theirs broken when shipping. But Steve( or whoever that package it) took it off the throttle and place it around the fuel rail area where it cant be damage. Everything camed in nicely packed and nothing was broken. But he forgot to send me a few stuff( MAP sensor and Resistor pack) , which was no biggie.
He sent me a 92' jdm h22 which i think is kinda old , but when i open up the valve cover its clean as hell, hard to believe , the original timing belt was still on, in very good condition(but i still change it) . also did a compression check and camed up all good... overall im happy,
Old 04-30-2003, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Hondamotors online engine messed up (koco)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by koco &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think it's rather strange how alot of ppl here say that this Steve is a great guy to deal with. How do they know this? Everytime I've called there I get too much coffee man on the phone; they don't tell me their names. They seem willing to help when it comes down to it. Seems like they are busy working and don't have much time for phone customers.

Again, how do you know you are dealing with Steve? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, when I asked who I was talking to he said his name was Steve. And I've called there before and asked for Steve and he said his name was Steve. Both voices sounded the same...... so, I'm gonna go ahead and bet that it was indeed Steve.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=421904

IAS all the way

Best $3,800 I've ever spent
Old 05-01-2003, 11:46 AM

Default Re: (Hybrid93Hatch)

hit me if i sound stupid but if your were to do a compression test on a motor with a bad head gasket would'nt you get a bad reading?
Old 05-01-2003, 11:56 AM

well i have personally been up to HMO a few different times as well as talked to him on the phone a few times...he gets my approval....every time i have a problem he does everything in his power to help me out... Keep in mind that he is in a business to make money...now with that in mind he still tries to go out of his way to make sure that everyone is satisfied...
Old 05-01-2003, 01:44 PM

Default Re: (paybac4223)

Ok, I'll add another for Steve at HMO. He sent me everything I needed for my swap. Including a new TPS because it was broken. He didn't even wait for me to find it, he just let me know and sent it with the swap. And it's taken a while to get me a good crank pulley, but he's coming through none the less. I'm definatly going to Steve for my future swaps.
Old 05-01-2003, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Hondamotors online engine messed up (AresB16A2Turbo)

I purchased a '97 JDM B18C-R from Libero, in CA. Contact info below (Both Jeff & Alberto were knowledgable and helpful).

Said what they'd deliver, had it in stock, delivered what they'd said.

You could eat off of it inside and out (so to speak), I was impressed.

Prices were competetive, which, after two separate deals falling through on eBay was a nice thing..

Take VISA too.

Regards,

Mark

--
Jeff Nishi
Sales / Libero U.S.A., Inc.
15507 South Broadway
Gardena, CA 90247
(800) 717-6194 / (310) 715-6194
(310) 715-6899 FAX
jeff@liberousa.net
Old 05-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondamotors online engine messed up (AudioFuct)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AudioFuct &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, when I asked who I was talking to he said his name was Steve. And I've called there before and asked for Steve and he said his name was Steve. Both voices sounded the same...... so, I'm gonna go ahead and bet that it was indeed Steve.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Probably a reasonable assumption that his name was Steve. But like I said, I always get some jittery, jumpy dude on the phone who merely says "honda motors" and little else. They seem anxious to get you off the phone quickly.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondamotors online engine messed up (koco)

i bought my gsr engine longblock there. the 2 reasons y... well bout 6months b4 i was looking for a h22 long block for a project and i didn't have the money for a full swap and i was just gonna build it up...well i found HMO is pretty much the only online place to buy long block h22 for a good price so i talked to steve bout it alot then i told him i would give him a call when i was ready for a swap (he won my business here) well now that i bought a em1 and blew the engine i need a swap again on a budget i wanted to go longblock so again i called steve up on a busy day from work driving all over SFV doing dealer trades for my work (honda dealership) i called him several times that day ...im sure i sounded like a total ******* and wasn't gonna pick up the engine...well i did..brought my buddy and mechanic down to check it out my self...and even tho it was a 94 gsr it looked like it was from 2000 or near new...well all in all he did great he saved this engine for me even tho i may have soudned a lil shady on the phone and not good for the 1700 and he also cut the plastic wrap off right in front of me....loaded my engine right up on the truck quickly and i was off ..great service pricing and everythign im buy my full h22 swap there and a couple b16 soon