Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help on swap kinda lost

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on swap kinda lost

i know this may sound like a newbie question but anyway, you connect all the wires from the engine wire harness straight to the sub harnes to the computer or you directly go with the custom wires to the computer , my swap i almost done and i got my ecu jdm with all those japanese words and the only thing i could understand was LSD on it any clues i don't have lsd on my tranny atleast i didn't order it but i have 5 wires from the tranny what are they for..
Old 10-20-2002, 08:50 PM

Default Re: help on swap kinda lost (Cx Sir II)

what motor are you putting in? i imagine a b16 or b18c? well either way your going to have to use the stock harness from your cx motor(or buy an ex harness), put it on the new jdm motor..then run the wires for vtec and for the knock sensor. you can do these a couple of diff way.

first off, all the vtec and knock sensors plugs you just cut off of the jdm harness and use for the cx harness.

1. run wires directly off the sensors(that you cut from the jdm harness) in through the firewall to the ecu and hook them up.

2. you can run wires from the sensors into the loom, then into the hok them up on to the harness in the engine bay that plugs into the harness that goes through the firewall.....then from the other side of the plug (that actually goes through the firewall) run wires from the back of it into the ecu.

its really simple and easy once you get in there and figure out what your doing, just sorta hard to explain in an easy way..would prolly make more sense with a diagram.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:43 PM

Default Re: help on swap kinda lost (gritsak)

yeah sorry jdm b16a in eg that seems to help hehe thank you will try next weekend see what happens
Old 10-20-2002, 10:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: help on swap kinda lost (Cx Sir II)

To wire VTEC:

add wire to VTEC oil pressure sensor for ground (tap into Grn/Wht wire at the shock tower), ECU Signal (splice into Blu/Blk wire from firewall which leads to D6 pin-out on ECU) and VTEC solenoid valve to ECU (tap into Grn/Yel wire from firewall which leads to A4 pin-out on ECU)

Knock Sensor -- (mounted at rear of engine near cyl head), add wire to harness to ECU Signal (tap into Red/Blu wire from firewall leading to D3 on ECU)

You may also need to wire up 4 wire o2 sensor.

Here is the connectors so you know where exactly the wire is and making sure the wire is there. If there is no wires on the above mentioned pin-outs, you will have to directly wire it to that specific pin-out.