Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please, gsr in eg hatch :( at a loss

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please, gsr in eg hatch :( at a loss

Ive been looking around to find out if this may be my problem, which im gonna fix it anyways but i figure i could ask. I just rebuilt the bottom end of my gsr and put it in and it took a while to get the timig right but now its running but 1/4 cyl arent doing much and the motors shaking a bit. I've driven it about 20 miles trying to seat the rings by 3rd gear pulls to like 5kish and letting off an decelerate via the motor, and it runs mostly fine and sounds ok when its driving but when i come to a stop it idles at like 500 and really rough/shaky. Now my question is that my ecu is throwing a code 19 for the auto trans solenoid lockout or whatever And im confused because i used the ecu on the motor before the rebuild and it wasnt throwing an autotranny code. Now my vss is ****, and im wondering if thats the issue with my timing at idle. When removing it the plastic part on top came off which caused the pin to drop out but i was able to put it back together an bolt it down and it was fine. I had to drain my tranny fluid again after this(put in clutch disc backwards -_-) and when i took it off to fill it up again, the metal bracket broke from the bottom, the part with the 2 bolts closest to the rear mount, but i stuck it back in there and lined up the 2 pieces an bolted it down just to drive the car. I have no issues with my speedo or cluster at all, but does the vss regulate a/f and such to the point that if it werent secured down enough that it would throw it off? I looked as much as i can and am at a loss, gonna compression test the motor as soon as i canget a tester to see how 1/4 are compression wise but in the mean time if anyone has any input or thoughts on this, it would be much appreciated, thanks H-T!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help please, gsr in eg hatch :( at a loss

anyone?