Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! o2 wiring and high fuel pressure... 56k Ouch...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 12:43 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help! o2 wiring and high fuel pressure... 56k Ouch...

Here is the fuel injector resistor box that I added to my 1st gen. b16a in a 92 cx hatch. Once I connected this box the engine started, however, the fuel pressure is about 70 psi. Could it be that I have an open header - the car sounds like a harley.

The idle is really rough, could someone help me figure out the wiring for the o2. I had to buy a 4 wire o2 but I don't think I wired it right.

I cannot find a place to hook up the last vaccum hose to the left of the fuel filter, can someone point me in the right direction - currently I have it plugged.

Here is a couple pictures cause I've never posted my car.

I blurred out my face cause I have some beef with some people here...

Sorry for the large pictures...
Old 05-31-2003, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help! o2 wiring and high fuel pressure... 56k Ouch... (w00t!)

i'm not familiar with the B16s but, if the TB is anything like the rest of the B-series, that vacuum line should go to a nipple on the TB.

and here is the wiring for the four wire 02 sensor per OG Poison's instructions

WHT wire goes to D14 which is O2 Sensor Input
BLK wire goes to A6 which is Heater Control
GRN wire goes to D22 which is Sensor Ground
BLK wire goes to B1 or A25 (doesn't matter) which is Sensor voltage

Old 05-31-2003, 06:37 PM
New User

Default Re: Help! o2 wiring and high fuel pressure... 56k Ouch... (Hatch4urSnatch)

d14 wire is white right.
a6 - orange?
d22 green?
a25 black or course?

Thanks.
Old 06-01-2003, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice Frankenclyde's
Old 06-01-2003, 10:37 AM
New User

Default Re: Help! o2 wiring and high fuel pressure... 56k Ouch... (Trey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Trey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice Frankenclyde's </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks.

Now my car won't even start. It starts for a second, then dies. Nothing has changed since yesterday. The o2 is setup right. The only two things I can think of is that the fuel pressure is way high, and I only have the header for an exhaust - The stock exhaust is a little too small to fit on...

In the previous posts I was told to attach the left over vaccum hose to the t/b nipple. The only line I have left is a nipple, but it seems way too small.

Anymore suggestions?
Old 06-01-2003, 10:42 AM
New User

Default Re: Help! o2 wiring and high fuel pressure... 56k Ouch... (Hatch4urSnatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatch4urSnatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm not familiar with the B16s but, if the TB is anything like the rest of the B-series, that vacuum line should go to a nipple on the TB.

and here is the wiring for the four wire 02 sensor per OG Poison's instructions

WHT wire goes to D14 which is O2 Sensor Input
BLK wire goes to A6 which is Heater Control
GRN wire goes to D22 which is Sensor Ground
BLK wire goes to B1 or A25 (doesn't matter) which is Sensor voltage

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah, I'm stupid.

Thanks, that was a huge help. Well, car still doesn't start but I needed to know how to wire that up right. Thanks agian.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by w00t! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ah, I'm stupid.

Thanks, that was a huge help. Well, car still doesn't start but I needed to know how to wire that up right. Thanks agian. </TD></TR></TABLE>

no problem. if your car doesn't start, it isn't due to the 02 sensor. if anything is wrong with the 02 sensor, it'll throw a code.

did you check to see if everything else is wired correctly and all the grounds are connected. ground on the starter and tranny? cable from positive terminal of battery and cable from the engine harness connected to the fusebox in the engine bay?
Old 06-01-2003, 12:12 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatch4urSnatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no problem. if your car doesn't start, it isn't due to the 02 sensor. if anything is wrong with the 02 sensor, it'll throw a code.

did you check to see if everything else is wired correctly and all the grounds are connected. ground on the starter and tranny? cable from positive terminal of battery and cable from the engine harness connected to the fusebox in the engine bay? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've now found that two of the hoses coming from the charcoal canister are not connected to anything, and I cannot find any place to put them.

This diagram is really confusing.

I'm going to check all the grounds once more. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-01-2003, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

which two hoses are you referring to?
Old 06-01-2003, 12:45 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatch4urSnatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">which two hoses are you referring to? </TD></TR></TABLE>

The two hoses from the charcoal canister, not the two way hose. They both are not connected to anything. I just wired the o2 and thats fine, I check for the grounds and they are good.
Old 06-01-2003, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i went to double check with the setup of the charcoal canister on my car and from. although it isn't the exact same engine (b18b), the setup should be the same or very similar.

the hose you have pictured that is the left of the fuel filter, goes to a nipple on the throttle body. the nipple should be on the upper section of the TB by the idle screw.

the second hose, which is a small rubber hose, goes to the EVAP purge solenoid. and the two way hose goes to an aluminum hose on the firewall.

also, this is exactly how it is setup on a GSR engine from the swap i performed for my friend's car recently.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:56 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatch4urSnatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i went to double check with the setup of the charcoal canister on my car and from. although it isn't the exact same engine (b18b), the setup should be the same or very similar.

the hose you have pictured that is the left of the fuel filter, goes to a nipple on the throttle body. the nipple should be on the upper section of the TB by the idle screw.

the second hose, which is a small rubber hose, goes to the EVAP purge solenoid. and the two way hose goes to an aluminum hose on the firewall.

also, this is exactly how it is setup on a GSR engine from the swap i performed for my friend's car recently. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks man.

Where is the evap solenoid located?
Old 06-01-2003, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i believe, i have misinformed you re: the EVAP since i am not familiar with the B16.

here's a link that might help: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=98682

EDIT: the EVAP is the circled part on the picture and can usually be found on the intake manifold of most of the B-series engines. just not sure where it is located on a b16

Old 06-02-2003, 08:52 AM
New User

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=522916

- Please see new topic. I'm now having different problems and needed to start a new topic.

Thanks.