Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me with ITR swap in my 00 Civic SI

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me with ITR swap in my 00 Civic SI

Due to being fed up with my current set-up (00 civic SI) and finally breaking parts internally, I've decided to sell my complete turbo/engine setup and use the $$ to fund an ITR swap for a good power/reliability comprimise. Then I had the revelation that the harness on the JDM motor will be on the wrong side. So what would my solution be? I've searched and came up with a few answers, but after an hour of reading I'm just getting a headache. I don't want to do any building/modifying, so I want a good complete swap (with my tools and garage a swap in itself will be a big project). I was using AEM EMS and gutted the wiring harness at one point, so I'm not interested in using that. I'm pretty sure that everything will bolt right up (I've retained my mounting brackets), so wiring is my main concern.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help me with ITR swap in my 00 Civic SI (nolimits)

If I were to get the USDM version, is the only difference in compression? Does the USDM have the LSD also? I could give up a few ponies for a simpler wiring harness.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help me with ITR swap in my 00 Civic SI (nolimits)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nolimits &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If I were to get the USDM version, is the only difference in compression? Does the USDM have the LSD also?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes and Yes.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nolimits &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I could give up a few ponies for a simpler wiring harness.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That would be a good choice, but your civic is a one piece and an ITR is a two piece. you say that you are not going to use your stock harness, right?
There is a pic that "katman" on this board wrote up.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Help me with ITR swap in my 00 Civic SI (turbogixxer)

About your only option is to use a 99-00 civic si harness. Thats the only harness that will work in your car and youll have to use the stock Si ecu unless you switch the car to obd1. Good luck. Any questions let me know.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help me with ITR swap in my 00 Civic SI (jDmDxTuRd)

I got a hold of a good factory 00 SI harness and am keeping my VTEC solenoid from my existing pr3 head and my axles/intermediate shaft. If I order a complete JDM swap (engine,trans,ecu), is there anything else I'll need? Thanks for your help!!