Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with a/c compressor install..

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2002, 10:54 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help with a/c compressor install..

i found a 99 b18c1 w/ low miles from a guy that wrecked his gsr and bought it back from the insurance company cheap as hell.. well anyways im thinkin about buyin the motor and he said i could pretty much take anything else outta the engine bay i wanted for $4000..

i need to keep my a/c in my civic coupe.. if get this motor and the a/c compressor still attached to the engine will it bolt into the civic?? or would i also need the integra radiator to make it work correctly..

ive heard you need a delsol a/c bracket but is that only if your using the civic compressor on the integra engine??
Old 03-18-2002, 05:29 AM
Trial User

Default Re: help with a/c compressor install.. (anger)

the point - get the del sol ac bracket and sell the integra compressor to get the money for it
so get the teg compressor sell it, buy the del sol bracket and use the civic compressor w/ the stock civic radiator thing for the a/c????
Old 03-19-2002, 05:19 PM
Trial User

Default Re: help with a/c compressor install.. (anger)

yes, you don't even have to disconnect the ac compressor from the ac lines
this will save you from having to charge the ac over after the swap
just take the 4 long bolts out of the compressor and move it out of the way
then just bolt it up to the del sol ac bracket
thanks.. ill consider not taking it out.. charging it up agian isnt that hard cause they sell the r134 at walmart or just have a shop do it.. the two swaps taht i have done or helped with, the person wanted to get rid of the whole a/c so we just yanked it out.. ill tell you what if you remove the a/c, a/c compressor, radiator, and power steering parts of the motor it is a lot easier to get the old motor in and the new one in as well.. much more space to work with..

where can i get this bracket? honda dealer? online somehwere? thanks
Old 03-19-2002, 07:56 PM
mingchi96

Default Re: help with a/c compressor install.. (95CivicEX)

I had a 96+ integra ac compressor and that thing does not bolt up and looks like a great hassle to do. You can just sell your integra ac compressor and save yourself money and just reuse your integra ac bracket with a civic compressor. With the integra bracket, your ac compressor will be held with only 2 bolts, but that is enough... I have had mine bolted on with 2 bolts for over 1 yr and absolutely no prob.
Old 03-19-2002, 09:00 PM
Trial User

Default Re: help with a/c compressor install.. (mingchi96)

I had a 96+ integra ac compressor and that thing does not bolt up and looks like a great hassle to do.
that does not sound right to me.. im putting an integra gsr motor and integra a/c compressor into a civic that already had a/c before the swap.. how can it not bolt right up?? i might even be able to get an integra radiator in there as well and if i do then i would think it would just sit in place and i would maybe have to custom make some brackets or something..

i do whatever it takes to make it work i guess.. ill have a complete civic a/c and integra a/c and im sure i can make it work w/ those parts and if not ill get the del sol bracket and make it all work.. i just want the a/c to work correctly by the end of may if it takes that long..
Old 03-20-2002, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in my case i know i need to use a p54 bracket for my EK, right now although i'm still missing the belt, my a/c is already mounted to my new motor(b16a) i'm using an integra bracket and only 2 bolts are holding the compressor. Just like what Mingchi96 said the compressor seems to be lock tight and its aligned straight. should i keep this set up or get the right bracket and what kind of ac belt do i need
Old 03-20-2002, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I did it. Civic compressor with TEG bracket (I'm a poor guy ). I'll post some pic this weekend.
Old 03-20-2002, 05:30 PM
Trial User

Default Re: help with a/c compressor install.. (CivicNewbie)

Hey, I did it. Civic compressor with TEG bracket (I'm a poor guy ). I'll post some pic this weekend.
yes i would like to see some pics of the install as well as your cars.. im interested in doing an integra 94-01 front end swap on my 95 coupe.. do you have any details or input on this??? or how hard was it to do the dc5 conversion.. thanks alot