Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with 1st Gen b16 in 94 LS DC2

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 01:10 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with 1st Gen b16 in 94 LS DC2

OK guys..... my room mate threw a rod in the ol' b18b1..... so i have a 1st gen b16a that i got from ol Tom ( B18C5-EH9 ) now ive got all new belts, seals,... etc from the dealership..... Im gonna have to run OBD1 for my car to pass emissions tho... so Im running the b18b intake manifold..... fuel rail.... and distributor.... since for it all to work for 0bd1 the injectors and distributor have to be Obd1.... although i had to hack a leg off for the distrib. to fit... it does nicely now..... i got a wirring harness from a obd1 VTEC del sol..... im running my ECU for now.... and a ghetto relay switch for VTEC with a shifter light..... i know fuelcut off is at 7k.. but this will force me to break everything in untill i get ecu or a fix ..... basically.... every part from my engine that has more plug or sensor's or anything of that sort more than the part from the b16... get carried over from my motor..... now my question is... the crank pulley has a bit of a chip in it... and it and the alternator pulley both have rust to them that just dont want there.... now is it pssible to use the pulley's from my b18b on there.. as they have no wear at all really? and could i use my alternator as it just looks to be in better condition.. but no biggy.... it doesnt look dead or anything... and..... as for my power steering pump will it work on the b16.... my mounting bracket doesnt not fir so will have to get b16 one..... i guess basically what all parts can i carry over to the b16 if neeeded?!?!?!?! all ur help guys is so appreaciated..... Oh and Tom when i got the motor to my stepdad's house ( garage and tool's and hes a delta mech. ) he went ahead and stripped the whole boack and head down so he could have everythingblasted.... i would like to thank you for givin me a good deal on a good motor... ever part inside it checked out great.... just needed a bit of cleanin.... sorry for ur troubles again.... i'll bring you the hoist as soon as u need it or as soon as we r done.... either way ull have it with in a week or 2 if u dont need it b4 then.. and if u do.... the folks will rent one.... thank you again...... ill take ya for a spin in the torquless monster when its done
Old 03-08-2002, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help with 1st Gen b16 in 94 LS DC2 (Ricemustdie)

you can use your crank pulley and alternator. the power steering pump will fit if you get the bracket for the head, wont fit perfect unless you get a b16 pump though. i cant really see any other questions in that huge mess you just wrote.