Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which header for H22/civic swap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which header for H22/civic swap?

I already have the JDM P13 header, but I want to find something with more power has anyone tried the an-r or the hotshot? I am looking for something with a 2.5 collector? anyone try any yet, any dyno sheets.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:47 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Which header for H22/civic swap? (jdmcivicferio)

Hotshot race header (w/out flange) for the H22 motor. Has a 2.75" collector and gives lots of top end power. Fitment is very tight, as it touches the alternator (no problems there) and the oil pan, but on the butt-dyno, there's a noticable difference over the stock exhaust manifold. Never seen/tried out the AN-R H22, but if anything like the B-series headers, something to look into as well.

More picts here: http://www.JDMshit.com/hotshot-header/

Old 02-01-2003, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Which header for H22/civic swap? (Newman)

Badass. Get it
Old 02-01-2003, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looks pretty sick, would I be able to weld a flange to that to make it fit my 2.5 inch exhaust? Or would I be stuck driving around in open header mode lol
Old 02-01-2003, 12:02 PM
New User

looks pretty sick, would I be able to weld a flange to that to make it fit my 2.5 inch exhaust? Or would I be stuck driving around in open header mode lol
Any competant muffler shop should be able to make a flange for it. We just welded it to a "Y" header dump (in place of where the cat would go) for track purposes, and then 2.5" piping to a 30" resonator, and then back to a free-flowing 2.5" inlet/outlet muffler. The setup worked out great.

BTW, driving with open header in VTEC was loud as fawk! Ear plugs are a must when racing like that

Old 02-01-2003, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, thanks for the help newman, I am going to probably buy this header shortly.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:29 AM
New User

lol, thanks for the help newman, I am going to probably buy this header shortly.
No prob. A lot of people have asked me this already so I'll go ahead and post some more info here. I do not carry the Hotshot header, nor did I find any shop carry it when I was shopping around for it about a year ago. What I had to do was get Hotshot's phone number off of their website and call them up directly to order one. That was the only H22 header they had available at the time and said (again, about a year ago) they would have one available "shortly" for the street (would have a flange on it). Price through them was anywhere from $400-$500, depending on the availability and whether you are a business, for wholesale prices, or an regular individual person buying retail from them. When I bought mine, it was the last one they had in stock and after I got it, others who tried to order one said it would take Hotshot 3-6 months to make more. Only way to find out the availability of them is to call them up directly. Hope this helps.
Old 02-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what about the DC 4-2-1? i have that on my car. any power advantage/disadvantage over the hotshot?
Old 02-02-2003, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Which header for H22/civic swap? (ranta18)

Not really a fan of DC but I guess it delivers what it's supposed to.

I would recommend hotshot header over the DC.
Old 02-02-2003, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Which header for H22/civic swap? (poison)

yeah it took me over 2 months to get my hotshot header, I haven't installed it but I believe I have the newer version with better clearence because the collector is only 2.5in.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Which header for H22/civic swap? (poison)

The hotshot header is alot more expensive than the dc one, plus it hangs REALLY low. In my car I already have ground clearance problems with the oil pan and stock header and i know this header hangs over an inch lower than the oil pan, so you couldn't really be lowered that much.

I was going to go with the hotshot header, and I even ordered it from hotshot directly. They told me it would take 8 weeks and it would be $500 shipped to my door. I eventually cancelled my order cuz I realized how low this header hangs and it was kinda expensive for me. The header is adjustable and I heard that you should have all the pieces of the header welded together to prevent exhaust leaks.

Alot of people say the dc header for the h22 doesn't really make any power and that it is only good for saving weight.

I guess the hotshot header is reasonably priced for being a race header, but there is alot of issues that come along with it.

This h22 header dilemma has really bothered me. I don't think the greddy/dc headers make enough power for the price tag, and the hotshot one hangs too low for me(I would prolly end up denting it and wasting $500 ). The AN-r one looks promising, but I have yet to see how much power it actually makes.

So after all this I'm just using the stock jdm manifold til I decide on a header too.
That's just my 2 cents.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Which header for H22/civic swap? (laugHin22CX)

I only paid 390 for mine, just buy it from one of there dealers.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which header for H22/civic swap? (H22ek4)

the Greddy SS header is awesome...i had the DC 4-2-1 on my car, then i switched to the greddy and gained well over 3 tenths and 2 1/2 mph on my traps...the DC is garbage, it touched my oil pan, the greddy clears the oil pan, and i havent scraped it, u have to be aware of hitting your front end anyways..but i think the greddy is definately worth the money, the very few preludes running in the 13s are running the greddy header, in fact all of the fastest preludes are running it from what ive seen on every board ive been on...so id definately look into the greddy...peace
Old 02-04-2003, 02:58 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Which header for H22/civic swap? (PreludeRacer023)

which headers DOES NOT have ground clearance issue? so how low can eg be drop with the hotshot header?
Old 02-04-2003, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Which header for H22/civic swap? (~~~InNeEdFoRsPeEd~~~)

you guys must be pretty low i havent hit or scratched my hotshot header once yet and its been about a year since i got it driving every day in LA/OC. btw i got mine for 375 from one of the distrubitors on their website. He mostly deals with se-r's, not to hard to find. i think cost is around 290.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:54 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Which header for H22/civic swap? (heiyu)

did you drop your car? and by how much?

you guys must be pretty low i havent hit or scratched my hotshot header once yet and its been about a year since i got it driving every day in LA/OC. btw i got mine for 375 from one of the distrubitors on their website. He mostly deals with se-r's, not to hard to find. i think cost is around 290.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which header for H22/civic swap? (heiyu)

go any pics of the header from the front/underneath angle? what springs do you have?
Old 02-05-2003, 07:58 AM
New User

Default Re: Which header for H22/civic swap? (~~~InNeEdFoRsPeEd~~~)

did you drop your car? and by how much?

you guys must be pretty low i havent hit or scratched my hotshot header once yet and its been about a year since i got it driving every day in LA/OC.

My car wasn't that low... maybe 1.5" lowered but it wasn't the daily driving that cause it to hit the ground.... it was mostly the entering/exiting from parking lots, drive throughs, and some drive ways that would cause it to hit the ground, and that was also when there was a huge angle & dip to exit at and there was no way around with in any lowered car. But as for regular driving, no my header never bottomed out and hit the ground while driving or racing.

Old 02-05-2003, 08:32 AM
* B A N N E D *

thanks this is what I was really hoping to hear....hotshot header

My car wasn't that low... maybe 1.5" lowered but it wasn't the daily driving that cause it to hit the ground.... it was mostly the entering/exiting from parking lots, drive throughs, and some drive ways that would cause it to hit the ground, and that was also when there was a huge angle & dip to exit at and there was no way around with in any lowered car. But as for regular driving, no my header never bottomed out and hit the ground while driving or racing.

[/QUOTE]