Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2b vs ITR Pros/Cons

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon7 H2b vs ITR Pros/Cons

Hi guys, some of you are probably going to bash me because im sure there are other post out there but i wanted to get some more opinions on H2b Builds.. I currently have a full 98 spec R swap. and i got a ride in a friends car with h2b and i just fell in love with the power. it made my R feel slow. i def have the money for the swap.. especially if sell my B18.. but i just wanted to know if there are any downfalls of the swap? note this is my daily. and realistically i dont have the funds to legitimately build the itr .. just enough for basic bolts ons and a tune. but i feel that the h2b swap is just instant power while stock.. so can i get some feedback?
Old 09-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: H2b vs ITR Pros/Cons

Likely to lose A/C depending on chassis and Power steering unless you use an electric power steering pump and a kit to make it work.
See link: http://www.karcepts.com/shop/categor...id_category=14

Additionally, you will need to space the hood up depending on chassis. Minimum of an inch. I've seen 2+ inches. You'll need to grind the back of the block as your friend did and bang the driver-side frame rail for clearance. Ground clearance isn't the best but with the QSD kit, it's fine. Draining oil and filling with oil with oem oil pan needs to be done properly because the original angle of the engine changes during the H2B conversion resulting in some oil being left behind when draining.

..........Only, cons I can think of at the moment.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:45 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Go find some H2B build threads. See what has been done and what mistakes/improvements have been made in getting that combo into your chassis.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Bart Taylor Look-alike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A/C is definitely the biggest drawback if your daily. Everything else is just little things that you need to take into account with a modified car. Back when I had a H2B hatch it was fine driving it around here and there as long as it wasn't hot.