Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H23 swap in 96 EK... wiring questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H23 swap in 96 EK... wiring questions

The search engine gave me tons of information... so much information that I've been reading for the past hour and 20 minutes and I'm still unclear. And I'm not even a quarter of the way through one of the 34 page threads, haha.
I already know everything that is required for the swap, but I'm in the grey region when it comes to the wiring. Basically it's the same as the h22... but you do not have the vtec wires and I'm not going to utilize the EGR either. I will also be using my h23a wire harness from my prelude for the swap and possibly the harness from ecu to firewall if that makes things simpler. Now you have the whole obd2->obd1 issue... that's where I am getting confused in relation to running my entire stock prelude harness.

Do I need to run a civic obd2 harness from the ecu to firewall with the obd2->obd1 conversion harness to the ecu? I will be using a stock prelude p14 ECU for the initial motor break in then swapping to the AEM EMS.

Thanks

Old 08-18-2004, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: H23 swap in 96 EK... wiring questions (PrecisionH23a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I'm not going to utilize the EGR either.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You should make a block off plate for it. It will hit aftermarket fuel rails if you install one. It is easier to do it now than on the car.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I will also be using my h23a wire harness from my prelude for the swap and possibly the harness from ecu to firewall if that makes things simpler.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, The civic harness will be easier and better to use. Buy/make a jumper harness and add/extend teh wires to make the harness work.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Now you have the whole obd2-&gt;obd1 issue... that's where I am getting confused in relation to running my entire stock prelude harness.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is not that hard. A jumper harmess will take care of that. You have to convert your civic harness to external coil (if you do not run a JDM p13 dizzy). The steps are on the first page of the H22a thread (posted by hondazivc). You iwll also have to extend teh blue wire (ign output) to the driver side connector (blue wire on the connector). That is so your tach will work.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H23 swap in 96 EK... wiring questions (turbogixxer)

Thanks for the info.

As far as the EGR is concerned, the new IM I am using does not utilize it.... meaning it is eliminated in the design.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H23 swap in 96 EK... wiring questions (PrecisionH23a)

man turboG... u beat me. LOL (gess thats why they call u turbo eh?... )

Precision, did u get that new SKUNK2 IM or what? i didnt know they made it for the h23.