Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22a

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22a

ight guys i finally got my h22a engine in today, and i plan on putting it into my
92 hatchback cx..

For this summer i plan on doing basic bolt on's and running my setup wit lsd tranny..basically going all motor this summer and building for turbo over the winter..

OK I KNOW I HAVE TO DO THE FOLLOWING -
- R&R (remove and replace) Spark Plugs
- Remove Exhaust Manifold (header) & clean exhaust ports (we all want a clean motor don't we? )
- R&R Timing Belt
- R&R Water Pump
- Remove stock mounts & Transmission Studs (may not need to be done with other mount kit, it will depend on what your mount kit requires)
- Remove stock H22A Power Steering & A/C
- Remove Throttle Body (to prevent damage to TPS while installing)
- Move Fuel filter towards battery in Civic engine bay and bolt in.

im planning on puttin head studs exhaust manifolds.. for the summer ..
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THEY HAVE USED

Anyone got any helpful info on what i should do so i dont blow my engine this summer, i dont plan on racing it everyday but i do ride hardd..

would appriciate any help .. thanks

Modified by queenscriminal420 at 12:47 PM 4/2/2008
Old 04-02-2008, 02:15 PM

Default Re: h22a (queenscriminal420)

any1?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:21 AM

dam no1 wants to help the kidd
Old 04-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's because no one can figure out what you're trying to say.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I did that exact same swap last year, and I referenced that guide wiring a bit, I also did what it said, as far as replace/remove things... I went with hasport axels and mounts from HMO motors and haven't had any issues so far, I believe HMO motors does deal with quite a lot of people as when I received my motor there was 3 other motors in the truck and they were all destined for locations around Portland so... Obviously they are good..

as for any specifics, RTFM, and just dive in, get yourself a hold of the lude manual and the civic manual IE "the 1300 pages ones" and references both of them, along with obd1 pinouts and look at other peoples swaps for things you can clean up and replace and upgrade, but don't really take my advice just do stuff on your own and don't be a retard.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:52 PM

Default Re: (likwidchz)

im sayin what head studs bolts have ya had experience with?

what kind of exhaust are ya runnin..im pllannin on gettin a greddy catback and runnin 21/2 pipe straight back

what good exhaust manifolds are out there..im thinkin about the hotshot wit 2.5 collector..

appriciate any advice
Old 04-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22a (Specail Ed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Specail Ed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's because no one can figure out what you're trying to say.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, damn - hatin on the newbie !!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey man, the ultimate swap guide is here - https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/650329

Not to throw you off or anything but I hope you are ready for ALOT of tweaking, adjustments and oh yeah the dreaded shifter cable / shifter issues... and not to forget a tight fit... good luck and you will love it when you are done especially if you had a stock motor previously...

I finally got my Jdm H22A right with some mods and its a blast to drive!! Just try not to smoke the tires whenever you take off from a red light everytime - the cops do not like that, I learned lol
Old 04-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22a (pcguy760)

Yea read the previously mentioned thread, it covers just about every aspect of the swap. Like others have said, be ready for the little things that come up.

I personally didn't have any trouble with the shifter, aside from having to cut the hole for it, that was a PIA.

I'm running the stock JDM header with a 2.25" exhaust all the way back, works pretty well. Not the highest flowing I'm sure, but it was dirt cheap.

It'll be worth all the trouble in the end.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could just go like 2.5 inch all the way back custom *** pipes... I personally like the apexi WS2 exaust its pimpstick...
Old 04-05-2008, 05:28 PM

Default Re: (queenscriminal420)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by queenscriminal420 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im sayin what head studs bolts have ya had experience with?

what kind of exhaust are ya runnin..im pllannin on gettin a greddy catback and runnin 21/2 pipe straight back

what good exhaust manifolds are out there..im thinkin about the hotshot wit 2.5 collector..

appriciate any advice</TD></TR></TABLE>.

Im using BuddyClub Spec2 with a Mugen Header.. and the **** is beyond loud
Old 04-05-2008, 08:05 PM

Default Re: (5lugSlug)

no doubt good loookin on the feedback..

still tryna hear some other setups ppl have used lemme know
Old 04-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (5lugSlug)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5lugSlug &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.

Im using BuddyClub Spec2 with a Mugen Header.. and the **** is beyond loud
</TD></TR></TABLE>

A little off subject but I just thought I would mention this...

I can't find the article but a few weeks ago our local newpaper here in Springfield, IL posted that the cops are gonna start giving people tickets with loud exhausts and EVEN the bikers - I find that hard to believe because there are TONS of bikers here and lots of loud cars.

Funny why they would say that, several times I see bikers and loud cars alike as well as people with very loud stereos driving past a cop and they dont pull em over or anything. Maybe they are tryin to scare people so they will not get too crazy with the stuff haha.

Also, yesterday I finally took my car out of storage and went down to the gas station to put air in the tires with no front license plate (mandatory here). When I started the car to leave I revved it up to about 4k (2.5" all the way with performance cat and headers) - I look up and there is a sheriff sitting in the gas station!! I was like "omg he is gonna pull me over" but he just looked up and I left - did not follow me or anything lol - maybe it's cos he saw me helpin some kids put air in their bikes haha. I guess it depends on the cop very much ...

Lol sorry for the long rant..