Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 Swap: Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 Swap: Need Help

ok guys,

for all you guys who think people dont search, relax i already did that!! i have a 95 honda accord that i dropped a 2000 h22a4 in. i have been throwing a 12 cel, which is a EGR problem, i by passed it by making a aluminum plate and putting the egr valve on top and tightening. next i plugged the plug in and checked all vacum diagrams ( they are all correct). last i reset the computer and went out for a drive. it was great for two days and then today that BASTARD code is back!! does anyone have a wiring diagram for this swap and the egr? please help!!!

thanks

shane
Old 11-16-2004, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H22 Swap: Need Help (forcedaccord95)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by forcedaccord95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok guys,

for all you guys who think people dont search, relax i already did that!! i have a 95 honda accord that i dropped a 2000 h22a4 in. i have been throwing a 12 cel, which is a EGR problem, i by passed it by making a aluminum plate and putting the egr valve on top and tightening. next i plugged the plug in and checked all vacum diagrams ( they are all correct). last i reset the computer and went out for a drive. it was great for two days and then today that BASTARD code is back!! does anyone have a wiring diagram for this swap and the egr? please help!!!

thanks

shane</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you're saying you installed a block plate underneath the egr valve itself? If thats what you did then no wonder you're throwing an egr code. You're throwing that code because you blocked the hole the egr valve connects to. The EGR valve lift sensor (which is inside the egr valve) detects the amount of EGR valve lift and sends the information to your ecu. The ECU then compares it with the ideal EGR valve lift which is determined by the signals sent from the other sensors. If there is any difference between the two, the ecu varies the current to the EGR control solenoid valve to further regulate vacuum applied to the EGR valve..............

So....... in essence you removed the vacuum going to the valve so the sensor detects nothing and gives nothing to the ecu to compare anything too. So, the ecu automatically says....hmm...... something must be wrong with your EGR valve.

Now, how do you avoid this? Three options; (1) remove the plate and hook it up correctly, (2) get a different ecu that doesnt look for egr and leave it like you have it, or (3) ignore the light and go on with life because it will not negatively affect performance.