Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

k20 into a 94 ls integra

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 01:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k20 into a 94 ls integra

okay i want a k20 rsx R motor in my 94 integra. i have found mount kits wiring blah blah blah. i read an article on how they swapped on into a 96 EK. what i realy want is a step by step how to article or something to tell me what to do. its gotta be for a 94-95 integra LS the more details and pix the better i want to know everyhting before i get into the project. before u respon just seach for it i have and cant seem to find what im lookin 4 thanx
Old 11-15-2004, 09:31 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: k20 into a 94 ls integra (mattcivic)

A good file to read it this one that comes with the hasport mounts

http://www.k20a.org/EGK1.pdf for 92-95 EG/dc2

That should give you an idea waht you need.

Let me know, what else you need, I will try to help.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanx ill read it up but im realy looking for someone who has done a k series in an obd 1 ls integ. im still just considering this swap im one of those people who needs to understand it all before i do it i dontw ant nothing popping up that i didnt know. well thanx guy
Old 11-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sweet info!
Old 11-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

do u understand the concept how the engines work? have u done ne swap before? if u have done it before then it's pretty easy. it's not that easy to explain. too many little details to go over.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya i have done swaps like D to B, ls to gsr nothing like a k20 swap im not a pro but i think i can hld my own. more info the better people thanx
Old 11-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hows about a parts list for starts list what i need and where to get it. where is the cheapest place to find a jdm k20 swap
Old 11-16-2004, 07:16 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get a JDM k20a swap from a major importer. Not all of them have them and most of the time, I have seen them preordered etc... Pretty much the same shops that still offer b series engines. They are rarely in stock because the supply is limited since they have to be 2002+.

Now let's assume you buy one or a type s K20a2 swap.

You will need the following:

motor (all sensors working)
tranny
shifter cables
shifter (the RSX will work and I have seen people using other kinds too like old accord shifters etc... )
complete uncut engine wiring harness (I have seen people using the JDM engine harness and the RSX type S harness) It really depends on where you want to locate the ECU inside the cabin as well as waht kind of pnp harness etc...)
axles (special custom made axles are needed, depending on your mounts etc... They can be bought from the company you will buy your mounts or from other companies that are making axles for that specific application
mounts (hasport.com , hybrid-racing.com )
fuel rail and other fuel parts because the k series engines do not have a return line
Other fuel parts include an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and hoses and fittings that you can buy anywhere really. I got them from JEGS. There are many ways you can do it. The more bends you use for fittings the more it will cost you.

You will also need a pnp harness. Basically a custom harness that will connect your stock cluster with the k20a ecu so all the fucntions will work. You can also do the pnp harness yourself. Hondata has on their website a basic diagram for k20a EG wiring.

You will need a custom header. There are 7-8 companies that make them now. Hasport header goes for$399 retail and DTR-FAB has them for around $1000 Stainless steel in 4-2-1 and 4-1

That is the basic info.

you will also need to get the Civic Si Ep3 idler pulley or the aftermarket EP3 AEM pulley. The reason why is becuse the power steering pulley is removed.

There are more details about the swap but that should give you an idea.

The tranny mount needs to be removed from the intregra.

You need to buy a clutch cable too $60 or make it yourself. Just for the parts it will cost you anywhere between $2000-$3000 depending on what u want to buy.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hhmm well im still not 100% on the swap i mean i realy want to do it but i gotta sit back and look at it all before i do it. i might just wait build the gsr motor i have already then wait until i own a 96up hatch and put a k into it. well thanx a lot guys i think i got all the info i need if i do the swap anyone want some hasport mounts gor 94-01 teg or 92-95 civic???? thanx again
Old 11-16-2004, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sweet a$$ swap