Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 runs in del sol BUT...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 runs in del sol BUT...

Just finished installing a JDM H22 in my friends del sol. Car fired up last night for the first time, so that's a step in the right direction (being my first wiring with the resistor pack and the external coil). However, I have several issues that I cannot find anywhere in the archives.

Head is marked 96 (does that make it OBD2?)
VTEC is only 1 wire (there is no pressure switch)

1. The f#%$^% shifter cables are not long enough. We have cables from a prelude and from an 95 accord, using the shifting mechanism from the accord. I can get the cables to reach the levers, but they aren't at the proper angle to set in their mounts.

2. There are two coolant temp sensors, one on thermostat and one in the front of the block on the neck that goes to the top of the radiator. Should I just splice both of the together?

Old 04-18-2004, 10:45 PM

Default Re: H22 runs in del sol BUT... (powerofdreams8)

bump. someone knows about the shifter cables!

Modified by powerofdreams8 at 2:24 AM 4/19/2004
Old 04-19-2004, 06:13 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by powerofdreams8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just finished installing a JDM H22 in my friends del sol. Car fired up last night for the first time, so that's a step in the right direction (being my first wiring with the resistor pack and the external coil). However, I have several issues that I cannot find anywhere in the archives.

Head is marked 96 (does that make it OBD2?)
VTEC is only 1 wire (there is no pressure switch)

1. The f#%$^% shifter cables are not long enough. We have cables from a prelude and from an 95 accord, using the shifting mechanism from the accord. I can get the cables to reach the levers, but they aren't at the proper angle to set in their mounts.

2. There are two coolant temp sensors, one on thermostat and one in the front of the block on the neck that goes to the top of the radiator. Should I just splice both of the together?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
To answer number 1, did you run the cables over the rear crossmember? Or under it? If you ran them under, that may be your problem. I ran mine over then up through the whole in the floor. No problems so far.

To answer number 2, no you dont splice them together. You should have two differenct connectors for both sensors. The thermo sensor wiring actually goes to your fan (one wire is for power the other is for ground). But that connector will be on your harness but you will have to lengthen it.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:14 AM

I had the same prob w/ my cables on my hatch. You have to run them under the sway bar or through the firewall!
Old 04-19-2004, 01:51 PM

Default Re: H22 runs in del sol BUT... (AudioFuct)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AudioFuct &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
To answer number 1, did you run the cables over the rear crossmember? Or under it? If you ran them under, that may be your problem. I ran mine over then up through the whole in the floor. No problems so far.

To answer number 2, no you dont splice them together. You should have two differenct connectors for both sensors. The thermo sensor wiring actually goes to your fan (one wire is for power the other is for ground). But that connector will be on your harness but you will have to lengthen it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. I attempted to run the cables over the cross member and the steering rack, but is is a very tight fit in the del sol. I had to feed the cables through an open spot on the driver side and slide them down towards the center and route them over the rear engine mount. I guess i will have to go throught the firewall.

2. The fan is already wired up in the car, the del sol harness definately does not have a plug for that front temperature sensor. The "thermo sensor" is the sensor on the front coolant neck right? Just tell me where to run those wires to. Thanks
Old 04-20-2004, 08:59 AM

bump
Old 04-22-2004, 06:22 AM

help please!
Old 04-22-2004, 12:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by powerofdreams8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

1. I attempted to run the cables over the cross member and the steering rack, but is is a very tight fit in the del sol. I had to feed the cables through an open spot on the driver side and slide them down towards the center and route them over the rear engine mount. I guess i will have to go throught the firewall.

2. The fan is already wired up in the car, the del sol harness definately does not have a plug for that front temperature sensor. The "thermo sensor" is the sensor on the front coolant neck right? Just tell me where to run those wires to. Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

You shouldnt have to go through the firewall at all. But if you do, newman had some very nice pics of going through the firewall on his eg.

The thermostat sensor is located where the thermostat is installed. Both connectors are referred to as "ECT A" and "ECT B" in my helms manual A being the thermostat sensor and B being the other one. But my motor is a 93 and not a 96 so there may be some differences in terminology.