Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 into 97 Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 into 97 Civic EX

hey guys i came across a prelude motor and i have been searching for the right things on this hybrid form for a week and am completely confused. First off, my friend is willing to sell me his 2002 prelude motor complete with everything for $1500. He totaled the rear end of the car so whatever was in the engine bay is mine if i want to buy it. I've been looking at what else i would need and was wondering if i have everything i need or will i need more things?

HASport Motor Mounts
90-93 integra axles
99-00 Civic Si A/C Bracket

Also, before I even say ok to buying the motor, do you think it's even worth putting it in or is it too much of a headache. Like specifically, what are the troubles of swapping into an EK? When reading about it, I only find things more about the eg h22 swap. Shop was gonna charge me $700+ to install. Is it worth it or should i just keep the turbo d and get a new clutch/flywheel, pistons/rods?

thanks

Old 08-02-2004, 09:32 PM
EK22snatch

Default Re: H22 into 97 Civic EX (civicshowracing65)

well, first of all theres no such thing as an 02lude, but reguardless...

some people say H22 swap is easy, but for a n00b is isnt really that easy, but its a fun learning project. you really should hop on the h22 deal man! 700$ doesnt sound bad to have someone do all of the swap for you, but i think you'll have 10X's more pride in your car if you do it yourself. besides, then youd KNOW your car.

youve already got vtec and knock sensor hooked up in your wiring harness (cuz you got an EX) but you'll still have to do a few things with wiring. the majority of it's just matching up the correct wires.

im pretty sure thats the right a/c bracket to use, but i think you should just get rid of a/c and tint your windows like i did.

DEFINATELY go with hasport mounts... they are so beastly you'll nut when you see em. my dad's an engineer and he and his buddies were extremely impressed at their work.

as far as axles go... thats totally up to you man. you could try and mix and match axles up if you want, but i personally wanted a professional taking care of my drivetrain, so i ordered Gator Stage 2 Axles, which can be custom ordered for around 500$ give or take. http://www.driveshaftshop.com also sells axles for the EK22 swap. i personally heard Gators were good so i went with em.

although my hatchie isnt running yet, i TOTALLY think this particular swap is worth it... especially with what youve got going on for a deal. im frustrated right now with the wiring, but having a h series swap is awesome for torque. i think its a great project to undertake. ive personally learned ALOT through doing my ek22 swap. there's quite a few guys that are more than willing to help you when you run into problems too... some will even come to your house if you pay for airfaire (kenny)-lol. naw, but really, theres tons of helpful people though.

oh yeah, and i duno how many miles are on the engine, but id suggest doing a tune-up on it while its out of the engine bay cuz itd be a bitch to do things like the timing belt (cuz of clearance issues). i replaced my water pump, tensioner ****, all belts and all hoses.

Old 08-03-2004, 11:20 AM

Default Re: H22 into 97 Civic EX (EK22snatch)

The motor itself has 60k on it. As for the wiring harness, i was planning to use the lude harness and rip out the civic harness. This really does seem like a good idea. Too bad the fricken city and county knocked over a pole and made me slide out and hit a wall
Old 08-03-2004, 12:41 PM
EK22snatch

Default Re: H22 into 97 Civic EX (civicshowracing65)

****, i think itd probably be easier to just work off of the civic harness. theres honestly not a WHOLE lot to change. ive got my wiring conversion **** typed up in excel so if you do plan to do the swap, i could send it to ya to get the ball rolling. the only difference is my engine is obd1.

the wiring is probably the most difficult part, but dont be discouraged by it...

sorry to hear about your civic getting in an accident. and well, if youve got a messed up front end for body work, just think of it as god telling you to convert to a 99-00. 60kmiles isnt too bad at all.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK22snatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">****, i think itd probably be easier to just work off of the civic harness. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It is easier to use the civic harness. You will almost completely rewire the lude harness to make it work on your civic chassis.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 into 97 Civic EX (turbogixxer)

Use the civic harness and change anything from there. It was how I did it, it is how you should do it.

By the way, don't forget to plug in the green plug under your dash.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: H22 into 97 Civic EX (DarkKnight[DMD])

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DarkKnight[DMD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">]It was how I did it</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DarkKnight[DMD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">]By the way, don't forget to plug in the green plug under your dash. </TD></TR></TABLE>

no ****. "do not let adam touch his own car"
Old 08-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK22snatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im pretty sure thats the right a/c bracket to use, but i think you should just get rid of a/c and tint your windows like i did.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
u did pretty good man...

but that is not the right bracket to use. newman on here has one for ya. or u can keep the a/c with alot of custom work.. (personally i just dont like to buy brackets /although i am getting very frustrated here and i may just buy that bracket... arrrrrrr ) lol...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DarkKnight[DMD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">]By the way, don't forget to plug in the green plug under your dash. </TD></TR></TABLE>
WHAT!??!?!?! yall forgot this? AHAHHAHAHAHAH
Old 08-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 into 97 Civic EX (hondaZvic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
WHAT!??!?!?! yall forgot this? AHAHHAHAHAHAH</TD></TR></TABLE>

shut up.

Yall???? who says that?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no ****. "do not let adam touch his own car"</TD></TR></TABLE>

Never will i live this down.