Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22 in the car today looks like sh#$% usiing hcp mounts...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22 in the car today looks like sh#$% usiing hcp mounts...

so today i stuff the h22 into my ek and it looks like crap i am using the hcp mounts from jdmshit.com and the driverside valve cover is hitting the wheel well there is no clearence between the im and the firewall i broke the tps cuz it is so close and it just looks like **** not impressed with jdmshit.com they suck dont ever buy mounts from them i sent them an email and they wont return any calls or emails bastards
Old 04-01-2006, 09:26 PM
R.I.P.

Default Re: h22 in the car today looks like sh#$% usiing hcp mounts... (mikegeezy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikegeezy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so today i stuff the h22 into my ek and it looks like crap i am using the hcp mounts from jdmshit.com and the driverside valve cover is hitting the wheel well there is no clearence between the im and the firewall i broke the tps cuz it is so close and it just looks like **** not impressed with jdmshit.com they suck dont ever buy mounts from them i sent them an email and they wont return any calls or emails bastards</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 in the car today looks like sh#$% usiing hcp mounts... (mikegeezy)

Must be something else wrong then the mounts cause I never had a clearance issue with the tps or even the valve cover.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 in the car today looks like sh#$% usiing hcp mounts... (DxTrix)

well if you look on jdmshit.com and look up hcp mounts then h series tech then look at the pick of there ek you can see the driversied timimg cover hitting the wheel well im not very happy with them and wish i never went with them there customer service sucks i think mabey they sent me some knock offs or something they look weak as hell to. i need to find a tps and send them the dam bill cuz in there discreption it says there is plenty of room on the firewall but thats not what i see.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:38 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikegeezy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well if you look on jdmshit.com and look up hcp mounts then h series tech then look at the pick of there ek you can see the driversied timimg cover hitting the wheel well im not very happy with them and wish i never went with them there customer service sucks i think mabey they sent me some knock offs or something they look weak as hell to. i need to find a tps and send them the dam bill cuz in there discreption it says there is plenty of room on the firewall but thats not what i see. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Its either
A: They sent you the wrong mounts or
B: Your a complete moron, and shouldnt be working on your car.

I have the ek hcp mount kit from jdmshit, and had no problems, yes it was a tight fight(we had to remove the fuel filter bracket and push it back so that it would nt brake the tps, but if u took your time and went slowly, u shouldnt have any problems.)
Old 04-02-2006, 12:41 AM

Default Re: h22 in the car today looks like sh#$% usiing hcp mounts... (SohcPower)

I just looked at there site, how is the tbelt cover hitting anything

If u want people to take you seriosuly post pics.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:52 AM

Default Re: h22 in the car today looks like sh#$% usiing hcp mounts... (SohcPower)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SohcPower &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just looked at there site, how is the tbelt cover hitting anything

If u want people to take you seriosuly post pics.

</TD></TR></TABLE>TRUE
Old 04-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you aint looking hard enough and before you run you mouth why dont you drive your *** over here and look at my engine and how could you blame it on me not knowing what im doing how could you put a mount on wrong?????????? and for option one (got shitty mounts) if you knew how to read you would of understood thats what i was saying looks like someone needs some hooked on phonics
Old 04-02-2006, 09:37 AM

never had a problem with my mounts
Old 04-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mikegeezy)

look in the top right corner of (your) picture that you posted and tell me how that isnt going to touch looks pretty dam close to touching at the top to me. i wonder why they diddnt take the picture a little higher up hmmm probably cuz its touching and iv talked to a bunch of other peeps on here that had the same prob as i am so mabey you have to be a lucky person to get what you actually pay for and you got lucky and got the hcp and the rest of us got homeade ones. get real and this site is for people helping eachother out not puting other people down thanx
Old 04-02-2006, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AznPimpS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">never had a problem with my mounts </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats cool but we are talking about the ek mounts wich you dont use.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I had this same issue with my h22 and ek, the valve cover at times would hit the shock wheel well and rub enough to remove the paint.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey u should post a picture so we can help you better.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikegeezy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wonder why they diddnt take the picture a little higher up hmmm </TD></TR></TABLE>

Perhaps because it is a picture of the mount, not the motor.

I have ordered from JDMshit before and never had a problem with their customer service. Sounds like you have a problem with HCP, not JDMShit.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Lousy Beans)

Yeah we dont need the picture up of what the mount on the car looks like we need to know where its going to postition the motor and thats why they didnt take the full picture what good does it do to see what the mount looks like bolted up?
Old 04-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take "JDMShit.com" to the peoples court..
Old 04-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey sohc power you dont know what your talking aboot eh
Old 04-02-2006, 01:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikegeezy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey sohc power you dont know what your talking aboot eh</TD></TR></TABLE>
I dont know what im talking about? Im not the one haveing problems putting the motor in lol . I have the same kit and had zero probelms. Here are my pics...Now lets see yours.

Old 04-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SohcPower)

I've got the same mount kit in my ek hatch with the front crossmember mount. I'm very pleased with my kit, my strut tower to valve cover clearence is exactly as in the pic above. yes there is'nt much firewall clearence but its a small sacrifice to make to have the motor in the best location to maintain as good as posible front to back weight destribution and axle angle. and also this isn't a simple b-series swap your putting a H22 into a car that orginally had a small 1.5 or 1.6 D series of corse things will be tight I had to relacate my brake porpotining valve down because it hit the brake boster fitting and cut a stud off of the firewall so I could plug it in. I wouldn't get mad at the suplier because this is a difficult swap. check out my swap https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1034416
Old 04-02-2006, 03:17 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: (SohcPower)

strange, i don't have any problems either, nor do any of the 3 other people that i sent to jdmshit to get hcp mounts for their h swaps, nor anyone else that i've ever seen on h-t. of course it's gonna be 'tight' it's a 2.2 liter h series in a civic, it's not gonna fit like a d or b. i was even able to keep p/s without cutting anything, good luck trying that with hasports. lol, i didn't break my tps sensor either, but back in the day when i was a newb i broke a few jdmshit, hcp, newman =

Old 04-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes i understand that it is a difficult swap but jdmshit.com says in there web site that there is plenty of clearence and thats not the case for me or someother people i have talked to and if they were so innocent then they would return my calls or email why wouldnt they just write or call back and say thats how its suppose to be if thats the truth so i am upset with them because they have been no help to me.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow... the hcp mounts suck... it mounts the motor like ****.... not talking ****, just never saw pics before.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Banned.

car ever been in an accident? From the picture does look close...but if we can fit a H deuce in a EF then there should be more room to play with...we are thinking of making a kit for the EG/EK for people to have another selection and for decent price....slot holes and fill the hole with weld
Old 04-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikegeezy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah we dont need the picture up of what the mount on the car looks like we need to know where its going to postition the motor and thats why they didnt take the full picture what good does it do to see what the mount looks like bolted up?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Their website has that picture with a caption that reads
EK Civic - H22 Driver Side Bracket w/EK-SR Urethane Mount

It doesn't read "look at all of the room". You are inferring that they took this picture to somehow hide the clearance issue when, in fact the picture is simply showing the mount itself.

I probably would reply to any of your emails either if you called me bastard
Old 04-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Lousy Beans)

Here is the best pic I have of my Ek with the HCp mounts and there is plenty of room all around.

Quick Reply: h22 in the car today looks like sh#$% usiing hcp mounts...