Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashoptions.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 11:16 AM
cool guy name

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashoptions.com

Has anyone done business with this company?

I plan on ordering a half cut, I just wanted to know if this company is legit.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 11-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Flashoptions.com (walker111)

my friend got a motor for his VR4 and it took 6 months for him to get it. The motor is fine and runs strong...all in all good motor...just took a grip to get it over here.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i ordered a complete ctr from them. don't order from flashoptions. worst experience ever!
Old 11-03-2004, 02:29 PM
cool guy name

Default Re: Flashoptions.com (pb16b)

Thats funny, cause I'm ordering the same thing. Can you explain your reasoning please. Thanks
Jim
Old 11-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by walker111 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats funny, cause I'm ordering the same thing. Can you explain your reasoning please. Thanks
Jim</TD></TR></TABLE>
take 5 MINUETS and search the archives. flashoptions is a ******* joke.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Flashoptions.com (Kamin)

started out i ordered a '99 ek9. wired payment, thought it was a ******* awesome deal! never got any word, just kept waiting. called and called and it's international so the phone bill was ridiculous. asked them to call me and they wouldn't (they don't wanna pay the phone bill either!). so 8 months later, they send me a bill of lading. what's that? come to find out, it's shipped to a warehouse reciever in long beach or some **** like that where you'd have to pay them to release 2 crates! oh yeah, you gotta pay for customs, inspections, etc. did i mention you have to fill out a boatload of paperwork? don't forget to hire a customs broker! so... after all this, you think to yourself "finally done". WRONG! the 2 crates will ship to a warehouse near you. you should be notified a day before it gets to the warehouse but in my case, i was notified the day it got there around 2 pm. the warehouse closes at 5pm and they charge you $65 a day per crate if you don't pick it up in time! and for the few hours it sits there, of course there's a $65 fee. so the crates are finally in my shop... open up the crates expecting decent condition '99 ek9, suprise! it's a '98 ek9. you all know the difference of course. seats were filthy! fenders destroyed! headlights cracked! srs momo steering wheel? non-existent! carbon fiber bezel? useless! front bumper was in good condition but had a softball size hole in it so it was useless! rear bumper was useless! of course i tried calling them and they said they'd send me a steering wheel and bezel. it's been about a year since they've said this so i pretty much just gave up but vowed to tell this story to anyone considering purchasing anything from flashoptions! turned out to be a horrible deal! let's just say you got a great deal:

$5000 ek9 complete + $600 shipping (guessing numbers here i don't remember)
you'd think that's it right?

$800 international phone bill for 8 months
$175 recieving release front crate
$175 recieving release rear crate
$200 customs inspection fee front
$200 customs inspection fee rear
$65 local warehouse recieving fee front
$65 local warehouse recieving fee rear
$200 customs broker fee front crate
$200 customs broker fee rear crate
$200 truck to transport 2 crates from local warehouse to desination.

total: $7880

flashoptions is a rip-off

Old 11-04-2004, 08:08 AM

A good friend of mine ordered 2 B16A swaps from flashoptions. At the time, it seemed like a very good deal... $1300 for the entire front clip minus body panels for each swap.

He wired them the money (they dont take credit cards which is supiscious), they told him it would be about 60 days for the ship to arrive and for the order to make it through customs.

he wated for 60 days, then 90, then 6 months, then 8 months, then 9 months... I was certain he got beat. All the while, he was emaling them and they would reply with things like "the ship was held up in dock" or "we are going on vacation and wont be back for a month so there will be a delay."

Well anyways, he had all but given up hope and took a huge $1300 loss, but then one day, almost 10 months later, he got a phone call from a receiving wearhouse in kansas city saying they received the order.

He drove to Kansas City (about a 65 mile drive) and the shipping warehouse dicked him over and made him pay 3 days worth of holding costs which totaled almost $300 (no fault of flash options).

Anyways, to end the story, the order that he received was marvelous! they threw in everytrhing from the front clip except for the dash panel and the body panels. He got the complete stock airbox setup, the front crossmember, rear crossmember and entire steering steup, gauge clusters, steering wheels, climate controls, radiator, etc. etc. etc.

In the end, he got a very good deal but flashoptions shipping IS VERY HORRIBLE. IMO i would order from hmotorsonline or another US based company and although you're spending a couple hundred more, you get the peace of mind you'll get an engine with 2 weeks.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:14 AM
cool guy name

Default Re: (91civicDXdude)

Thanks for the info, I dont think I'll be purchasing anything from them.

Jim
Old 11-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey dickweed this sounds bad. I'll call you after work.

love
nick
Old 11-04-2004, 10:48 AM
cool guy name

Default Re: Flashoptions.com (ng15ek9)

Alright homo
Old 11-05-2004, 10:29 AM
cool guy name

So does anyone else know where I can get a full CTR front clip?

I'd like the bumper, hood, fenders, lip, and headlights, along with the motor and full swap.

I've searched alot of places but either the site isnt working or they dont sell the front clip.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 11-05-2004, 10:46 AM

great! I just put a downpayment on a k20 front clip

my friend is a flashoptions distributor/dealer ... so he is taking care of me ... hopefully things go ok for me ...
Old 11-05-2004, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (aznboysrfr)

lol sounds like if your going to buy from flashoptions, you might as well get yourself a plane ticket and go on down there yourself.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:41 PM

Default Re: (delLudeVTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delLudeVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol sounds like if your going to buy from flashoptions, you might as well get yourself a plane ticket and go on down there yourself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup they u gots to kick there *** amercian style JUMP them when they not looking

then they will know were not kidding
Old 11-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aznboysrfr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">great! I just put a downpayment on a k20 front clip

my friend is a flashoptions distributor/dealer ... so he is taking care of me ... hopefully things go ok for me ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

who the hell is a flashoptions distributor/dealer? you're dealing directly with a flashoptions ******* named gavin in malaysia! there's no contact for them in the usa! if it's someone who has ordered from them before, then i'm a flashoptions dealer? i never heard of a salvage yard having distributors/dealers.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by walker111 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So does anyone else know where I can get a full CTR front clip?

I'd like the bumper, hood, fenders, lip, and headlights, along with the motor and full swap.

I've searched alot of places but either the site isnt working or they dont sell the front clip.

Thanks,
Jim </TD></TR></TABLE>

actually, that's the problem. i searched around and nobody sells a ctr clip or full car. i thought i got a great deal because i bought the full car from them... good deal but just about everything was in bad shape.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:48 PM

Default Re: (pb16b)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pb16b &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

who the hell is a flashoptions distributor/dealer? you're dealing directly with a flashoptions ******* named gavin in malaysia! there's no contact for them in the usa! if it's someone who has ordered from them before, then i'm a flashoptions dealer? i never heard of a salvage yard having distributors/dealers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, my friend's a FO rep ... and he's dealing with gavin ...
Old 11-08-2004, 10:05 AM
cool guy name

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aznboysrfr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah, my friend's a FO rep ... and he's dealing with gavin ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

How is he doing that? I have been talking back and forth with FO and they've been nice but that doesnt mean Im not gonna get screwed.

How long ago did you order your setup? How long till its there? Can you give me more details on your dealings with FO?

Thanks
Jim
Old 11-08-2004, 11:09 AM

Default Re: (walker111)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by walker111 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How is he doing that? I have been talking back and forth with FO and they've been nice but that doesnt mean Im not gonna get screwed.

How long ago did you order your setup? How long till its there? Can you give me more details on your dealings with FO?

Thanks
Jim </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have no idea how, but he is a california FO rep. his name is Jun and he drives an 01 civic coupe with a k20a swap ... he ordered a full itr car and it took 4 months ... cost him $10k. I could've gotten the same deal from him, but I'm not interested in parting out the car and shipping like 100 different parts to 100 different locations.

I put a downpayment on my front clip on 10/28 and I got an email today from Jun saying that they are supposed to give me the shipping details in 1 1/2 weeks (he estimated 3 weeks from my payment day to find a clip) ... and then, it will take 2-4 weeks for shipment (shipping by sea from Malaysia). I need to pick up the clip from a seaport about an hour away though ... but I got it for $5k shipped

if you want, I can bump this thread every couple weeks with updates and tell you how things go with them ...

what did you order from them? ... how long ago? ... through FO or a rep?
Old 11-08-2004, 11:17 AM
cool guy name

I havent ordered anything yet, I was just getting some feed back about FO before I give him my money. When you wire money thats it, theres no way of getting your money back. From what I've heard everyone is getting the parts it just takes a long time and the parts arent always in good shape.

I would very much appreciate you updating this thread occasionally to let us know if everything has been good.

Thanks Jim
Old 11-08-2004, 02:42 PM

a friend of mine went through them and the engine was good but shipping took like 3 months. it took forever to clear through customs and **** but the engine was prettty nice.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Flashoptions.com (civiccpedx)

i think you WILL get what you order from FO. but after waiting and waiting and waiting, you start thinking "what if i don't get it"? and there's no way to get a refund, and they don't always answer their phone... and i DID get my order... and the only peices in good condition were the glass... they were still in one peice.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

HT rocks!

This email was sent 5pm chicago time 11-09-04 to flashoptions.

Flashoptions,

I did indeed post bad remarks about your service and quality of your products. If your service was so good, why do I have to call you instead of the other way around? Why am I charged with the big phone bill? Where's the rest of my products you owe me? Why does my motor have a cracked valve cover? Why are the fenders and bumpers trash? Why are the recaro seats so damaged that I had to pay $400 dollars for repair? Why did I have to hire a customs broker? Why did I have to wait 8 months? Why won't you just meet my demands like you promised you would when I wired you payment? Why haven't I recieved my steering wheel and climate control bezel? Why did I recieve a '98 spec CTR when we agreed upon a '99 spec CTR? Why did I have to purchase mirrors? Oh, that's right, the mirrors that you sent me were garbage!

I will continue to bad mouth FlashOptions forever and will never do business with you again especially if I don't recieve the steering wheel and climate control bezel you promised me!

I know and you know this transaction could've gone a lot smoother than it did if you put a little more effort into it.

Obviously, I'm not the only customer who feels this way. You should be used to the bad mouthing from customers. I've read alot of bad things about flashoptions in other forums.

As businessmen, we should work together to satisfy our customers. I'm willing to work with flashoptions if you would put in more effort in helping me satisfy my customers. You put me in a bad situation with my customer and I still have to get him a type r steering wheel and climate control bezel. I had to explain to him week after week, month after month why his parts have not arrived.

Now, if you were in my situation, what would you have done? Would you continue to do business with me? I will post this email in the forum about you and post your reply on that forum as well. That is of course if you do indeed reply. Time will tell how good your products and services are. Let's see how long it will take for you to repond to this email.

Flashoptions writes:

&gt; Jason ,I just got to know that you you have been posting bad things about
&gt; me.. so bad
&gt; i'm truely saddened , can't believe you talked so much crap about me...
&gt;
&gt; bad mouthing..
&gt;
&gt; I'll prove to another customer on the forum how good my motors are and
&gt; quality..
&gt;
&gt; Take care , bye
&gt;

Jason
President
Suja 1 Motoring
phone: 630-407-0711
fax: 630-407-0712
Old 11-09-2004, 03:18 PM

lol.

look at the dudes reply I will prove to another person lol.

yea they do suck I was consdering buying from them not any more
Old 11-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Flashoptions.com (bossman032)

lookie here... it's 11-12-04 now and still no response? i doubt i'll ever get a response but this is exactly the kind of service you get dealing with these guys! i'll give it a couple of more days until i do another follow up... that is, unless of course, miraculously, they respond!

flashoptions

Quick Reply: Flashoptions.com