Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First problems of swap...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First problems of swap...

I have a 1992 DX HB and it has a 1995 JDM GSR. Day one, it was running fine, vtec kicked in, idle just weird. Kept surging from one grand to one and a half. Corrected it self when I drove normal, and when it was warmed up.

Day two the revs got crazy. Kept jumping up when I was driving and letting off the gas. As soon as I gave it gas would stop but would come back. Still revved pass four grand and vtec still kicking in. However the revs when they would jump from like 3 to 5 somtimes 6, it wouldnt throw the car off or I mean the car wouldnt surge forward when the revs got crazy.

Day three problem with revs going crazy when driving even worsten to the fact that they would drop completely car still on but about to die, but when driving and the revs going nuts, I would give it some gas, corrected for a little but then the revs would surge and the car would start getting jumpy with it now. Doesnt want to go over 4 grand now without starting to surge.

To throw codes, do I need to disconnect the battery first, jump the service connectors, then turn on accessories and it will start blinking???

Please if you have had similar problems, or can point me in a direction that would be great. Im guessing ECU.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:27 PM

Default Re: First problems of swap... (jaybee)

bumpers
Old 06-02-2004, 08:40 AM

Default Re: First problems of swap... (jaybee)

SOLVED...Damn sensors...