Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions

Okay I have a H22A in my EJ2 and i'm getting ready to put on my rear disk brake conversion... Now my question on that is can I go with a GSR or Type R brake booster and master cylinder?

Next, I have the skunk2 intake manifold on it and I heard somewhere that instead of using the bracket for the iacv I could get a B series iacv and bolt it on the back of the IM with just enough clearance from the firewall... Now the question with that is if thats even true can I use a B series iacv with H series manifold, and also since its obd1 I would need an iacv thats obd1 correct? Bc i'm pretty sure the only obd1 b16 was out of the del sol...

Next, since I did my swap and especially after I added my 76mm throttle body and IM my vtec crack has been pretty loud, well lately at my vtec x-over it hasn't sounded as loud anymore and i raced a couple ppl within the last few weeks and once i got up to around 8k rpms and shifted I got code 22 which is vtec pressure solenoid... I have checked oil level, I'm running royal purple, oil is full both times, after the first time i took off the pressure and vtec solenoid and cleaned it, the only thing i haven't done yet was checked the ground wire, but can I move the ground wire from the tranny to like lets say one of the 3 bolts that hold the vtec solenoid on to see if that helps out some? Also any other input would be great