Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine-Land?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine-Land?

Has anyone ever heard of the shop Engine Land, I believe they are in Canada. I'm looking for a H22 swap.

What is a good amount that I should be looking to spend for a good motor? Thanks

Scott
Old 02-28-2003, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Engine-Land? (SlippylesKB)

Bump..... Anyone?
Old 02-28-2003, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have no idea about the shop.

As for the motor. The average price is arround $2500. If there is the option GET THE LSD!!! hmotorsonline.com Is where we got the motor from. That price included the ECU harness and LSD tranny. Start up garentee. It started after we put a new Starter on the motor... and re-brush the Alt. But after that it runs great!!! The LSD is amazing!!! You will need to purhase a set of mounts as well they will run you about $500. You will need axles as well... slim line fan.... you should get a Del-Sol rad as well.... if you have to you can wait until you recover from the swap. We are running the standard Rad and the car runs nice and cool.... But it has not got warmer than 20deg for the last ohhhh 3 months!! the swap will prolly cost you arround $1000 for a shop to do it.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Engine-Land? (KENLUDE97)

They are a new place in "quebec". Don't missunderstake them from other importers. they sell complete swaps (jdm) and i've heard several people buy from them and so far good news..

I personally know a guy that picked up a h22a from them, swapped in an accord, did some basic mods and ran a constant 13.70 with street tires!

stock engine, just bolt ons... so after doing 60+ runs and still hauling like a champ it get's my vote..

they are based at

Engine Land
10024 Avenue London, Montreal-Nord QC H1H 4H1

telephon is 514-325-0888
toll free is 1-877-966-0888
fax is 514-325-3555

hope this helps

Old 02-28-2003, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Engine-Land? (HotWheelz-turboh22dx)

hey , I live in Montreal and know that company. My friend bought a b16 from there complete but was given a **** trany, and now is on his 3rd one that they gave him and are being total *** holes about it , he had to build one out of the **** one's which cost him alkot. Engine-Land and Osaka are the same people they are cussins or something and get there **** from the same supplier. I know a guy in Terrebonne 10 min from Montreal who is the best mechanic i'v seen. **** I don't have his # but I'll get for you guys later
Old 02-28-2003, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Engine-Land? (get wet racing)

hey , I live in Montreal and know that company. My friend bought a b16 from there complete but was given a **** trany, and now is on his 3rd one that they gave him and are being total *** holes about it , he had to build one out of the **** one's which cost him alkot. Engine-Land and Osaka are the same people they are cussins or something and get there **** from the same supplier. I know a guy in Terrebonne 10 min from Montreal who is the best mechanic i'v seen. **** I don't have his # but I'll get for you guys later
If I gave 3 b16 trannys to a guy and all 3 of them are fucked up, I'd be skeptical too.

I'm leaning more towards your friend ******* up those trannys. what's the odds of 3 fucked up trannys being given to your buddy? I'm not trying to offend you in any way, but I think your friend is messing them up. Maybe he keeps double clutching without any oil in the tranny
Old 03-04-2003, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Engine-Land? (HotWheelz-turboh22dx)

Thank you for the info!
Old 03-05-2003, 02:33 PM

http://www.hmotorsonline.com looks good to me scott

talked about this stuff with the rents yet?
Old 06-26-2003, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i bought a b20b engine form them last summer. I actually got it through a dealer in toronto, and he bought it from them. I did end up dealing directly with them tho, because there was a lot of hassle trying to get my order straight and too many middle men. I has never heard of them before as they don't even have a website. I actually thought they just sold to shops and guys like i bought one from (just telephone customer service guys who have a lot of connections and never see the engines - i gathered). I ended up getting a good engine, but i asked for the '98 that they ended up sending the '96. Which was good in the end, because it came with the low rise ls intake mani and had good compression numbers .

Also, a shop in Ottawa (speedstyle) told me that they ONLY buy from them.

When i get my next engine, i'll be DRIVING either there or some where else to pick it out and pick it up. I don't trust any of these afgahns who sell engines (no offense, but non of these guys seem to have morals). I called several places last summer for my b20 swap and the prices varied by about a grand (in TO anyway). One place even raised the price from one call to the next.

I just called engine land inc now to get a price on a gsr swap. I could at least understand his english this time. I think that he was just making up numbers in his head for me tho. he said 4500cdn$ for a full '94 gsr swap, i asked about a lsd tranny, and after ummming for a second he said 4600$. When i get there i could see some one like this raising the price after they actually looked it up. That $$ he quoted was about the going rate for this swap tho.

He said he only had older ones '94 or '95's i guess, and 10 of them in stock, it was hard to get a straight answer out of him, he finally put me on hold and i hung up.

Buying used engines is such a gamble

d
Old 05-11-2016, 12:42 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Engine-Land?

I bought a Mazda miata 1.6 b6 motor from Engineland and it came to me with a ruined crankshaft. I was guaranteed that it would start upon arrival but that was not the case. Im still working out the return and or refund with them. They are unreliable and do not call you when they say they will. Its been a month and i still have no clue what will happen. I would say buy from a more reputable source around where you live so you can check out the motor in person.