Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone ordered a motor from Passwordjdm.com???

Old 11-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ordered a motor from Passwordjdm.com???

I did...and didn't get half of what was supposed to be included in the swap.
It was supposed to be an SiR-II Complete Swap w/ LSD.
Axles are toast, torn boots, all 4, and mangled hub splines
TPS broken
No ECU
No Linkage
No Mounts...at all
No numbers on the Tranny, no LSD stamped on the case, and it looks like the tranny was changed.
And to top it all off, the engine looks like it has 200,000mi on it.

This whole thing is Terrible.

I just got off the phone w/ Leo, who was full of excuses, and after chewing his *** for about 5 minutes, he was silent and told me he'd try to have his boss call me later today.

Does this sound like some BS to you or what?!?!?!

Anyhow, I started all this to ask you guys who you are getting your swaps through?
Old 11-18-2004, 11:54 AM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone ordered a motor from Passwordjdm.com??? (ntensehonda)

hmotorsonline.com is where i got my first one.. just so you know though, on SIRII LSD transmissions, it wont have LSD stamped on it. Only ITR and CTR transmissions have that. That doesnt sound good though, no ECU, Linkage or Mounts? WTF is that? How much did you pay for this?
Old 11-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ordered a motor from Passwordjdm.com??? (JDM_Ej)

this thread is worthless without pics
Old 11-18-2004, 12:27 PM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone ordered a motor from Passwordjdm.com??? (JUN EK9)

YEa you got any pics? When i got my first motor from hmotors, the valve cover was all messed up and it looked old. Who knows how old it actually was.. pics?
Old 11-18-2004, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ordered a motor from Passwordjdm.com??? (JUN EK9)

Okay, just got off the phone with Steven Naing, owner of PasswordJDM.com. Not only did he apologize all throughout the conversaion of about 25 minutes, but he's sending me everything that was missing from the swap. Apparently what happened was that there was another motor (SiR-II) that was supposed to go to a friend of his, that wasn't supposed to have all the extras(A/C Compressor included) that a full swap has, and he thinks, as I suspected, that it was shipped to me, and that mine was shipped to him. He told me that his buddy wil probably call him up and thank him for the ECU, linkage, and other crap, but that he'll just wait for the call.

So, he wants me to get a picture of the motor and send it to him so he can see how dirty it is, because all their stuff is supposed to be cleaned before shipping. But he's sending me the goods I need to have, which includes the following:
Top and side tranny mounts
Timing cover mount
A/C bracket with mount
TPS in it's own box
Freshly Rebuilt axles
Shift Linkage
ECU
A/C Compressor(keeping the A/C )

Plus, he told me to go ahead and check under the valve cover to make sure it's not all gunked up, and to crack the tranny open to make sure that all the gears look right(that being that they are B16 gears). He was telling me that the tranny being different was something that had to have been done in Japan before it got shipped here, because they don't change the transissions around once they arrive. So it shouldn't be an LS tranny or anything wierd like that. He wants me to call him back as soon as the other parts get there to see to it that they are all correct, and he's shipping them 2 day air, instead of ground shipping them. To top it all off for my trouble and frustration, he's going to make it worth my while should I decide to do future business with him. He told me if I can send him a picture of the motor, to show how dirty it is, that someone was going to get fired today, due to the fact that they didn't do this right.

The one thing he doesn't want is a bad reputation, so I would like to say that I think I acted in haste to post this, and I'd like to try to make a good impression on those who read this on behalf of Steven and the crew at PasswordJDM.com. Leo and Tara are both good to work with, and Steven Naing is an exemplary guy with his quick service and eagerness to please me.

Modified by ntensehonda at 5:18 PM 11/19/2004
Old 11-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Good news about PWJDM

Did you verify that the transmission was LSD? If you can see through the splines it is LSD.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh, and I'll see about getting some pics up.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PasswordJDM Sucks! I spent over 1200 for a SiR Frontend Conversion and CF Hood and when I finally recieved my stuff (after they raped me on shipping) the fenders were beat to ****... there was even rust on them. And don't even get me started on the condition of the front bumper... it has gouges and deep marks covering the bumper. I had my bodyman give me a quote on what it would cost to repair the bumper, and the bumper is so jacked up it's cost prohibitive to repair it.

On top of that when password shipped the frontend they left out the lower bumper lights and couldnt ship me another set for months!! I was promised a NEW set of bumper lenses for my troubles...

I finally had to call them up after waiting well after when he said he would ship them to me, and had to settle on a set of used lenses (which I have no problem with, but its the principal that he said he would get me new ones for the trouble).

to PWD. They have never done anything to make it right either. What a GREAT way to treat customers who spend a lot of money with them.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ordered a motor from Passwordjdm.com??? (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good news about PWJDM

Did you verify that the transmission was LSD? If you can see through the splines it is LSD.</TD></TR></TABLE>Yes, it is LSD
Old 11-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (.nate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .nate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">PasswordJDM Sucks! I spent over 1200 for a SiR Frontend Conversion and CF Hood and when I finally recieved my stuff (after they raped me on shipping) the fenders were beat to ****... there was even rust on them. And don't even get me started on the condition of the front bumper... it has gouges and deep marks covering the bumper. I had my bodyman give me a quote on what it would cost to repair the bumper, and the bumper is so jacked up it's cost prohibitive to repair it.

On top of that when password shipped the frontend they left out the lower bumper lights and couldnt ship me another set for months!! I was promised a NEW set of bumper lenses for my troubles...

My buddy purchased an S14 front clip and it was by far the cleanest and best deal we could find from PWJDM!!! We had no trouble at all with it or them!!
I finally had to call them up after waiting well after when he said he would ship them to me, and had to settle on a set of used lenses (which I have no problem with, but its the principal that he said he would get me new ones for the trouble).

to PWD. They have never done anything to make it right either. What a GREAT way to treat customers who spend a lot of money with them. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bluebird)

wow...

leo was coo when i ordered these carbing bars from him. before he joined up with passwordjdm.

but...wow...

but reading this kinda makes me sketchy about gettin my cf hatch from them.

Old 11-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (marshun)

Well, any new parts I'm sure shouldn't be a problem. Leo called to ask make sure again on the shipping address, and Steve called again today to see to it that I got the right axles(he forgot to ask if the car had ABS or not.) and assured me that I should have them on Mon.

These guys are handling things rather well, especially considering I gave Leo a ton of heat when I was on the phone with him the other day. I was not exactly a happy camper. Anyhow, Leo is a great guy to do business with, I'm not wanting to say that he's incompetent by my first post, but I think I caught him off gaurd when he got on the phone with me...I wasn't exactly pleasent to deal with at that point. The rest of this has yet to unfold, but I'm confident that Steve is going to make this right, and right away. He wasn't happy about the fact that this didn't go as planned.

I'll keep ya updated.