Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ek wiring information SWAPS

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ek wiring information SWAPS

I am having trouble swapping my b18b1 into my 2000 hatch.
1. Idle at 2000 rpm. (could it be idle control vaulve?)
2. Rpm Gauge does not work after trying new harness.
3. I got the wobbles when i push the gas feels like the damn thing is gonna fall out( and yess all mounts are tight).
If anyone has any wiring information that could help my idle problem and the rpm gauge problem that would be great thanks, and yes i have searched and cannot find anything thanks guys.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Ek wiring information SWAPS (Jdm Ek Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jdm Ek Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am having trouble swapping my b18b1 into my 2000 hatch.
1. Idle at 2000 rpm. (could it be idle control vaulve?)</TD></TR></TABLE>

The IACV could be the problem but this could also be due to a vacuum leak.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2. Rpm Gauge does not work after trying new harness.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is it only the tachometer that's not working? If so, did you do any wiring at the distributor/ECU that would have possibly affected it?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">3. I got the wobbles when i push the gas feels like the damn thing is gonna fall out( and yess all mounts are tight).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are ALL mounts used? The reason I ask is because some people leave off the front lower tranny mount and A/C mount bracket which can cause the motor to rock back and forth. Could be a bad axle(s) or suspension problem. Lots of possibilities...
Old 11-29-2003, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ek wiring information SWAPS (VTECVillain)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECVillain &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The IACV could be the problem but this could also be due to a vacuum leak.

Is it only the tachometer that's not working? If so, did you do any wiring at the distributor/ECU that would have possibly affected it?

Are ALL mounts used? The reason I ask is because some people leave off the front lower tranny mount and A/C mount bracket which can cause the motor to rock back and forth. Could be a bad axle(s) or suspension problem. Lots of possibilities...</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. the tach worked with the stock wiring, i was told to try an ex wiring harness. after installing that it got all messed up. the tach worked with the ls wiring, but the speed didn't. now the speed works but the tach does not.
2. the idel works fine when you unplug the iacv.
3. all mounts are in. I have stock suspension, but the axels could bad anyway to check them?