Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

donor body for CRX hybrid racecar

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default donor body for CRX hybrid racecar

If you want to build a hybrid racecar, I can save you some time and money. Just take your engine and drop in it this....

Two months ago my H4/PS2/ITA CRX was stolen and stripped (yes, even more than I stripped it before I started racing). The engine, transmission, ECU, seat, and gauges were all taken. Furthermore, damage was done to the hood, windshield, front bumper, FL fender, ignition, and cabin wiring harness.
I already built this car once, and just don't have the heart to try to build it again. It's just too annoying, so I'm going to sell it as is to somebody who wants to rebuild it.

What are you getting? It's a 90 CRX:

http://www.honda-challenge.com/featu...el-midspin.jpg

-perfectly straight chassis
-fully stripped for racing
-welded autopower 6pt roll cage
-kill switch
-rear disk brake conversion (done 1 week before it was stolen for $400)
-SS brake lines
-2 Wilwood brake proportioning valves (FL to RR, FR to RL) mounted in radio blank for "on the fly" adjustment
-konis and ground controls (softer spring rates than most racecars, but handles great)
-adjustable camber plates
-big momma rear strut tower brace
-front strut tower brace
-stock 13" wheels with almost new Yoko AVSis on them

*race weight as of July '02 was 1870lbs without driver, significantly less without engine though!*

You can drop in a 1.5L engine for H5/PS3/ITC, a 1.6L for H4/PS2/ITA, or anything you want for honda challenge H1.

Like I said, the car needs a new hood, bumper, windshield, cabin wiring harness, ignition, and the FL fender has to be popped back out. Then just paint it, change the number on the side, and race.

Pics of the car in it's current state are at:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/vtecracer...otos.yahoo.com/

The car is wired for multipoint engine only, not the 1.5 dual point engine. Also, since the chassis originally was a dual point car, you will have to run two extra wires to whatever ECU you use (well documented on how to do this, there was an article in SCC on it earlier this year).

This car took NASA-VA's PS3 championship last year, as well as taking a win in ST3 at EMRA's Watkins Glen enduro, and two Honda Challenge wins this year in H5 (and still holds the CMP track record for the class).

Let's say $2k takes it, $500 extra for 4 x 14" Panasports (three race weekends on them) with Kumho Ecstas mounted (one race weekend on them).

You have to be able to tow it away from the Philadelphia area, and yes, the car is almost street legal (no windshield washers).

Matt
speedracer33@earthlink.net

Old 10-01-2002, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: donor body for CRX hybrid racecar (speedracer33)

ttt (just once)