Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anybody know...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 09:48 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody know...

Ok...we have successfully dropped the 1.6 sohc and bolted up the 95 GSR swap in the 95 civic. I have a few questions regarding the swap.

1. It is possible to keep the Power Steering? It looks like it won't bolt up correctly.

2. The O2 sensor is behind/at the bottom of the intake manifold right? we have an extra wiring harness with 4 wires, I assume it is the harness for the O2 sensor.

3. There is also a another extra wiring harness off the main left engine wiring harness which houses two wires. What does this connect? Is it the OEM stock air box (that is my guess).

4. When running the extra wires for the knock sensor, vtec soloneid, and the secondary butterflies...I run them directly off the main engine alongside the wiring into the main cabin to the computer harness right?

Please, Please help as we had to stop the install tonight so I could seek the advise of the pro's here on Honda-Tech.com, thankx!!!

[Modified by dragonsmp, 6:49 AM 5/24/2001]
Old 05-24-2001, 04:43 AM
New User

Default Re: Does anybody know... (dragonsmp)

1 A. The hoses will bolt up but it's tight. You will have to stretch the upper one tight along the top of the valve cover. A better solution is to get the PS hoses from a Del Sol although i have been using my stock civic ones and i havent had any problems

2 A. Yep. If it doesn't have a plug steal the one from the D16. Note the wiring positions carefully.

3 A. Well... Not sure I know the answer to this one but here's what I think it is. If you are looking at the engine from the front of the car the wire harness on the left does have an extra plug. On mine these wires were for the Evap Purge system (not a big deal except for passing the visual smog check) I just got the corresponding chassis side plug from a dead Integra and ran the wires through the firewall to the ECU.

4 A. It is possible to move a few pins around at the ECU to reuse existing wires (check out the Honda Hybrid site) but perhapps the easiest thing to do is just what you described, run them along side the existing harness to the computer. I actually unwrapped the main harness and put the wires inside but i'm kinda **** about wiring. I want everything to look totally stock.

Hope this helps!

Mike
Old 05-24-2001, 08:18 AM
New User

Default Re: Does anybody know... (92sleepR)

Thanks for the detailed respoonse... We will see today, I will let you know how it turns out.