Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do not buy from JDMsource.ca!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do not buy from JDMsource.ca!!

Ok well, not sure where this should go, but since it concerns hybrid the most I'll put it here.

I ordered a b16a gen 2 from these guys and everything seemed ok from the start. Then the engine got here. It looked like the engine went scuba diving before it was sent here. The alternator was oxidized beyond belief. I don't know how it wasn't seized. The block itself was pretty badly oxidized as well. We did a compression test and we got 140 on one of the middle cylinders. He also sent me the wrong rear engine mount, and wouldn't send the proper one. Anyway, we did the swap and it wouldn't start. We checked out the distributor and it was F&@Ked. First off it was siezed, but not only that, it was also all brown and rusted (or something) inside and had a large hole in the housing. We couldn't get the rotor off to look inside because it was melted on. So I called up JDMsource tp bitch about the **** they sent me.

Basically what I was told is that this is my problem. They don't cover anythign but the block and head. So now Im out about 550 bucks for a new alternator and distributor. Pretty lame if you ask me to send out this crap and then not back up your product. The guy also claimed that the compression would come back up after the engine is running for a while. We'll see. To top it off, the idiots sent me a fricken Auto ECU with my manual engine. Naturally the ECU isn't covered, so Im S.O.L. there too.

I guess it's my fault for buying an engine from someone with no start up guarantee,. but everythign else is BS. In closing JDMsource.ca sucks, and no one should buy from them.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do not buy from JDMsource.ca!! (Sound Streamin')

Do you have a contact name or any other info?

I think the guy who runs it is an ex friend of mine, who screwed me over. I'd be happy to forward any info on him if you can confirm who it was you dealt with.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I never did get his name. The same guy answered the phone everytime I called them, so I just assumed 1 guy ran the whole operaton.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sound Streamin')

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sound Streamin’ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I never did get his name. The same guy answered the phone everytime I called them, so I just assumed 1 guy ran the whole operaton.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It looks like that was a big mistake.....

Oh well, I guess you could always move on, and know that this thread will come up if anyone searches for jdmsource.ca

Fate will make them it's bitch one day.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:56 AM

Default Re: (hypa)

that sucks man... I guess the only thing you really can do is post a thread warning other members, eventually they'll lose enough business they'll have to smarten up or fail. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hypa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It looks like that was a big mistake.....

Oh well, I guess you could always move on, and know that this thread will come up if anyone searches for jdmsource.ca

Fate will make them it's bitch one day.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

omg it's hypa
Old 09-14-2004, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Darkhare)

sup darkhare.
We only live 20 minutes away from eachother, yet we keep meeting in the strangest places.

Old 09-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do not buy from JDMsource.ca!! (Sound Streamin')

I feel for you, but I'll be honest. I had to replace both my distributor and alternator after my swap as well. It's pretty common on anything used to expect to replace the peripherals.

Just remember, it's used. Now as far as the compression, they should fix that or give you a credit to get it fixed. That's just fucked up.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The compression came back up, lucky for him.