Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unique H22A EG suspension problems/questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unique H22A EG suspension problems/questions...

Well, I currently have an H22A EG with a front and rear 1997 GSR disc conversion, ITR Tein H-Tech springs, KONI red shocks, Skunk2 front camber kit, and an Ingalls rear camber kit.

I didn't want to go with the S-Tech springs because I only wanted a moderate drop (ITR H-Tech 1.7" front and 0.9" rear) (ITR S-Tech 2.5" front and 1.7" rear). Since the H22A is somewhat heavier than the B18C, I figured that the drop with the ITR H-Techs would be about 2.0" in the front as opposed to the 1.7" as stated by Tein.

Anyways, I recently put the H-Techs on my car and it seems like the thing isn't even lowered at all. I still haven't driven the car with the springs on, so I know that it will settle a little bit. However, I am pretty skeptical that it will settle even to the drop stated by Tein. What do you guys think? Does anybody have experience with the H-Techs? Also, do you think that the ITR H-Tech's spring rates will be fine for my car?

My next question has to so with straight-line acceleration and traction (I currently have a Quaife LSD and BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD's). I still haven't gotten around to getting my GSR lower control arms, and I don't have a sway bar yet. I know that not having the sway bar will greatly impact my cornering, but will its absence cause any loss in straight-line acceleration or traction? Would you feel comfortable driving my car given its setup? Overall, what do you guys think of the suspension setup?

Thanks in advance for the help
Old 09-16-2004, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Unique H22A EG suspension problems/questions... (H23AHybridEG)

not sure about the spring situation but I can tell that after it settles it will drop a little. The lack of swaybars will hinder in no way straight line acceleration.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Unique H22A EG suspension problems/questions... (fastwanabe)

Any other opinions?
Old 09-17-2004, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Unique H22A EG suspension problems/questions... (H23AHybridEG)

Damn...nobody knows **** about the H-Techs...

...my car doesn't even feel like a performance car with them on!