Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CRVTEC with CTR head and tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 11:49 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRVTEC with CTR head and tranny?

I fitted a B16B engine from a JDM CTR in my 6 gen hatchback, transplanted the whole lot, including engine, tranny, suspension, engine mounts, brakes etc, etc.

The next step in my project is a B20B block replacing the one i have right now, with the TypeR head, but i have a few doubts:

- Exact specification of the pistons i need in order to have correct valve clearance and still maintain a high compression
- Do i need to machine the combustion chambers to match the pistons bore?
- Do you recommend i use the B20B's connecting rods and crankshaft with the new pistons?
- Do i need to fit the oil squirters, if yes, which ones are appropriate and easy to fit.
- Can i use the B16B flywheel (would it fit the B20B without any mods?)
- Can i use the B16B axles? Any modification required?
- Anything else i have to pay attention to?? , like gaskets, clutch, any holes to be closed?

Thanx
Old 03-14-2002, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: CRVTEC with CTR head and tranny? (zhonda)

http://www.importbuilders.com

Jeff can answer your questions and sells what you need........
Old 03-15-2002, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CRVTEC with CTR head and tranny? (Trey)

a few things about the head - leave the size alone, Tom Fujita at Portflow says these do not need to be matched and use the standard b20 head gasket.

you can use same rods, but if you are going higher power why not just go Crower or likewise. valve clearance can be a prob even if pistons fly cut but usu like Arias, tell them and clearance is OK. You should ALWAYS clay the piston/valve combe to check for clearance.

i have a JDM b16a with Portflow head and CTR pistons and valves were fine but sparkplugs HIT!!!!! which is because of bowl work by Tom I had milled my head .030 to keep dame compression ratio.

i will let some others answer a few of your other questions.....don't forget that cam lift is determining the "push" of the valves so if you have a CTR lift of 11.5 mm and then go to a Toda of 12.0 mm you use up more clearance....