Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

converting the LS Vtec back to Type R motor

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to convert LS Vtec back to all stock Type R motor?

i have a LS vtec right now and want to convert it back to the all stock ITR motor. I have an extra ITR block sitting there waiting to be in. I know there's links out there showing people how to setup a LS vtec but is there any info on how to bring the ITR head back to original? help pls!

Modified by lengleng at 7:08 AM 8/4/2006
Old 08-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to convert LS Vtec back to all stock Type R motor? (lengleng)

Simple, plug up the hole where the 3/8NPT to -4AN fitting goes with the copper plug that used to be there (if you still have it), then if the bottom hole that has been plug with the 1/8NPT plug just take that off then you are back to a stock head where the oil supply to the vtec solenoid is internal. If you are not sure which hole then this will help http://www.c-speedracing.com/h...1.jpg, but if the hole has been filled or welded then just run the external line as you will be running ls vtec.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:12 PM

Default Re: How to convert LS Vtec back to all stock Type R motor? (dude_123)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dude_123 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Simple, plug up the hole where the 3/8NPT to -4AN fitting goes with the copper plug that used to be there (if you still have it), then if the bottom hole that has been plug with the 1/8NPT plug just take that off then you are back to a stock head where the oil supply to the vtec solenoid is internal. If you are not sure which hole then this will help http://www.c-speedracing.com/h...1.jpg, but if the hole has been filled or welded then just run the external line as you will be running ls vtec.</TD></TR></TABLE>

plug up the hole where the cooper plug used to be? do you have a pic link of that part where it was tapped or need to be plugged up? do i need a machine shop to do that? thanks dude....