Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which clutch, flywheel and headgasket for b20/vtec?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which clutch, flywheel and headgasket for b20/vtec?

I'm beginning my b20/vtec build soon and I need to know which clutch and flywheel I need to purchase. Since the motor was originally automatic, I am unsure on which parts to buy.

Also, I would like to use the stock headgasket on the engine as well and increase compression with different pistons, would I get the headgasket for the b20 or for the head (I haven't decided on which yet.)

I would like to use either ITR or CTR pistons. Which one would put me closer to 11.5:1 compression and still allow me to use stock rods?

thanks.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Which clutch, flywheel and headgasket for b20/vtec? (Hatchbizzack)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchbizzack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm beginning my b20/vtec build soon and I need to know which clutch and flywheel I need to purchase. Since the motor was originally automatic, I am unsure on which parts to buy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Anything for a 94-01 Integra B series will work as long as you are using a 92+ tranny.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchbizzack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also, I would like to use the stock headgasket on the engine as well and increase compression with different pistons, would I get the headgasket for the b20 or for the head (I haven't decided on which yet.)</TD></TR></TABLE>

CRV headgasket, but depends on how you are building the motor. There are all sorts of aftermarket one's for that particular motor build.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchbizzack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would like to use either ITR or CTR pistons. Which one would put me closer to 11.5:1 compression and still allow me to use stock rods?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not happening... ITR/CTR pistons are 81mm as opposed to the B20's 84mm. If you want pistons you're looking at aftermarket.