Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Checking my list twice guys, Help Plz.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checking my list twice guys, Help Plz.

Well i plan on towing my hatch to the shop thats doing my swap in ATL this friday and im just checking to make sure i got everything, do you guys see anything missing? if so please tell me what it is, thanks. By the way it going in a 93 cx.

LS longblock
jdm gsr tranny
distributor
alternator
starter
axles
motor mounts
shift linkage
intermediate shaft
ecu

umm i think thats all of the parts i've got piled up in my bedroom. what other misc. hoses do i need if you dont mind helpin me out a lil more plz. thanks alot guys.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Checking my list twice guys, Help Plz. (froggie3kb)

intake manifold with TB and all sensors, fuel rail/injectors, oil filter, exhaust manifold with O2 sensor, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, throw-out bearing.

little things like exhaust manifold gasket, and intake manifold gasket as well.

HTH.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by froggie3kb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well i plan on towing my hatch to the shop thats doing my swap</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't like hearing those words
Old 06-18-2003, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Checking my list twice guys, Help Plz. (poison)

intake manifold and all of the sensors are intact on the longblock along with the rail/injectors, already got the oil filter and oil to do the oil change also, exhaust manifold is their also, and my clutchmasters stage 3 clutch and lightened flywheel just came in, only thing im not sure about is the throw out bearing, is that by any chance included when you buy a new clutch? lol thanks man.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Checking my list twice guys, Help Plz. (VTECVillain)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECVillain &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't like hearing those words </TD></TR></TABLE>

Neither do I.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by froggie3kb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">intake manifold and all of the sensors are intact on the longblock along with the rail/injectors, already got the oil filter and oil to do the oil change also, exhaust manifold is their also, and my clutchmasters stage 3 clutch and lightened flywheel just came in, only thing im not sure about is the throw out bearing, is that by any chance included when you buy a new clutch? lol thanks man.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, that should be included with every clutch complete set up. but sometimes it's not.

just making sure.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Checking my list twice guys, Help Plz. (VTECVillain)

I would drive it to the shop but the water pumps gone bad on the little d15 and im afraid it wont make the 100 mile drive. lol.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright thanks for clearing that up poison. You guys see anything else possibly that might be missing? what misc. hoses do i need? i cant think of them all of the top of my head, thanks. You guys think 800$ is a decent deal to take out my d15 and install my swap, they have to put all of it together also, like bolting up the tranny,installing clutch, etc. all for 800$. thanks once again.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by froggie3kb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alright thanks for clearing that up poison. You guys see anything else possibly that might be missing? what misc. hoses do i need? i cant think of them all of the top of my head, thanks. You guys think 800$ is a decent deal to take out my d15 and install my swap, they have to put all of it together also, like bolting up the tranny,installing clutch, etc. all for 800$. thanks once again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, that's decent enough, PROVIDED they complete it within a reasonable time, and going from drive in stock motor, drive out LS motor.

Old 06-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They told me they can do it one day, at first i figured a couple days or so, but they said bring it early one morening and you'll leave in it that afternoon. can you help me out with the hoses by any chance posion? i gotta go pick them up with the timing belt in the morning. thanks man.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by froggie3kb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They told me they can do it one day, at first i figured a couple days or so, but they said bring it early one morening and you'll leave in it that afternoon. can you help me out with the hoses by any chance posion? i gotta go pick them up with the timing belt in the morning. thanks man.</TD></TR></TABLE>

One day is definitely doable. I did a JDM ITR swap into a GSR with a buddy of mine in 7 hours all said and done. Not that it's THAT quick, but still 1 day nonetheless.

You will ALSO need a dual core radiator from a 99-00 Si, Civic automatic, or del Sol VTEC, or even any 94+ Integra radiator for sufficient cooling of the LS motor.

Get 94-97 LS hoses. As for heater core hoses, the stock ones should work, but unless you want new ones, I would get LS ones as well. Same with the timing belt and water pump

Old 06-18-2003, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You think my stock radiator would work for a lil while? like a month at the longest. When i go to Autozone what's the name of all of the hoses i need to ask for? besides the heater core hoses. thanks once again for all of the help man.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by froggie3kb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You think my stock radiator would work for a lil while? like a month at the longest. When i go to Autozone what's the name of all of the hoses i need to ask for? besides the heater core hoses. thanks once again for all of the help man.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, it should. I would definitely not drive it hard, though.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright, one more question, lol. When i go to Autozone what's the name of all of the hoses i need to ask for? besides the heater core hoses?
Old 06-18-2003, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can use my cx wiring harness, right? thanks once again man.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:56 PM

Upper Radiator hose
Lower Radiator hose

Inlet Heater Core hose
Outlet Heater core hose.

Old 06-18-2003, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man, appreciate it alot.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:03 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by froggie3kb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks man, appreciate it alot.</TD></TR></TABLE>

NP man, keep us posted.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I will, hopefully i'll have some times up for what a pretty much stock ls can do with a jdm gsr tranny with an itr lsd, since lots of people always ask what ks's can do with either si or gsr trannies, i cant wait till my clutch breaks in so i can see what it does.