Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check out the engine that I got from Osaka and tell me what you think!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out the engine that I got from Osaka and tell me what you think!

I bought my 2000 JDM Honda Accord SiR DOHC VTEC H23A engine way back on January 3, 2004 from http://www.osakajdmmotors. Well, I have finally saved up enough money to complete the swap into my 1992 CX. I got the complete engine swap with axles, ECU, shift linkage, and a whole bunch of other miscellaneous crap for $1,800 shipped ! What a deal!

They told me that this particular engine has around 10,000 miles on it, but I know that there is no way to actually prove the mileage of a JDM engine. However, after receiving the engine and taking an extremely good look at it, I really do believe that this engine has around 10,000 miles on it. Heck, it might have even less than that ! Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you guys think!

The only things that were wrong with the engine was a broken PCV valve, broken TPS sensor, broken mounting point on the front of the block (the engine most likely came out of a wrecked car, but I really don't care because I won't be using that mounting point), and a hacked-off header (the bottom portion was cut off). All of these problems were easily fixed, and I ended up simply buying a Greddy stainless steel 4-2-1 header to replace the old one !

I haven't started the engine up yet, but my swap will be completed on June 25, 2004. My hopes are very high from looking at the overall condition of the engine.

I know that there are a lot of bad things going around about Osaka, but I believe that buying a JDM engine is always hit-or-miss. It is true that if you go through a reputable company like http://www.hmotorsonline.com or http://www.importautosalvage.com that your chances of getting a good quality engine are much higher, but there is no guarantee that every engine that a company has will run perfectly. Buying an engine is always a risk, but I really hope that my "risk" will pay off when I turn the key to my H23A hybrid EG !

http://img78.photobucket.com/a...4.jpg
http://img78.photobucket.com/a...3.jpg
http://img78.photobucket.com/a...1.jpg
http://img78.photobucket.com/a...2.jpg
http://img78.photobucket.com/a...5.jpg
http://img78.photobucket.com/a...6.jpg

The next picture is just for shi*s and giggles. Look at all of those shelves PACKED with parts for my swap! You can't even see a lot of the good stuff like the Tein H-Tech springs and Quaife LSD ! I've had this car for almost three years now and it's almost done! Please pardon me if I convulsing with excitement, but I'm sure that you guys know where I am coming from !

http://img78.photobucket.com/a...s.jpg

Modified by H23AHybridEG at 8:14 PM 7/23/2004
Old 06-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Check out the engine that I got from Osaka and tell me what you think! (H23AHybridEG)

thats pretty sweeeeeeeeet man. i've always loved the blue valve cover..

man..
h23 vtec, what are the specs on that motor? hp & tq?\

forgot to say how super clean that is
Old 06-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Check out the engine that I got from Osaka and tell me what you think! (H23AHybridEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H23AHybridEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know that there are a lot of bad things going around about Osaka, but I believe that buying a JDM engine is always hit-or-miss.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I disagree. There is a difference in getting a pile of **** and a not up to par motor. One runs, the other does not. I have gotten some swap that were not the best, but the place did replace all that is wrong with the swap. That is customer service.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H23AHybridEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but there is no guarantee that every engine that a company has will run perfectly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very true, but there is a difference in customer service. A good company will make the problem right, a bad will will not.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H23AHybridEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I haven't started the engine up yet, but my swap will be completed on June 25, 2004. My hopes are very high from looking at the overall condition of the engine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Set on the 25th, eh?

I hope the best for you. I would NEVER want to see a person put his/her heart and soul into car only to have someone rip them off. With that said, there is a lot of people that got fucked up by this company. Bad news travels faster than good news for a reason.

If you need ANY help with it, feel free to PM me. That blue valve cover is sexy.

You pick up the swap or get it delivered?
Old 06-12-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Check out the engine that I got from Osaka and tell me what you think! (turbogixxer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You pick up the swap or get it delivered? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I had it shipped to me. The total price for everything was $1,800 !
Old 06-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H23AHybridEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I had it shipped to me. The total price for everything was $1,800 !</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn! good deal.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Check out the engine that I got from Osaka and tell me what you think! (turbogixxer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Damn! good deal. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the support!

By the way, I am looking for a 1992-1996 Prelude shifter assembly if anybody has one!
Old 06-12-2004, 08:53 PM

I just got an h22a w/lsd from osaka - there were a few broken peices like the tps , and the clutch is ???able ( shoulda checked before I swapped ), and one of the axles was wrong, but all in all i got a very clean , smooth running engine that pulls hard all the way through and. the stock lsd is great a well. Thanks to the guys at RS my prelude is almost ready to go. needs boost

Hopefully you 'll have some luck w Osaka , I saw a few negative remarks about them 3 days after I had ordered my engine ... gotta hope for the best . Most of the time everything is all good.

What are the specs on that engine/?
nice blue cover, super clean motor
That 's a whole lotta parts to install .
Old 06-12-2004, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Check out the engine that I got from Osaka and tell me what you think! (Bseries421)

The specs on the JDM H23A are 200 HP and 163 TQ. It has a slightly lower redline than an H22A, but it has a lot more low-end torque. I got the engine because I kind-of wanted to be original !
Old 06-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H23AHybridEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I got the engine because I kind-of wanted to be original !</TD></TR></TABLE>

very good, very good
Old 06-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Check out the engine that I got from Osaka and tell me what you think! (hondaZvic)

1800 thats a good deal, Glad your happy
Old 06-13-2004, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Check out the engine that I got from Osaka and tell me what you think! (Clicky Pow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Clicky Pow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1800 thats a good deal, Glad your happy </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll be happy when the engine actually runs. Form the looks of it, it will run fine! "Crosses his fingers!"
Old 06-22-2004, 07:58 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Well, june 25th is coming
Old 06-22-2004, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Check out the engine that I got from Osaka and tell me what you think! (Nikos)

Yeah...I'm all excited, but I'm nervous at the same time! I'll post a reply here when my car is (hopefully) up and running!

Thanks guys !
Old 07-23-2004, 08:22 AM

any updates?
Old 07-23-2004, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Check out the engine that I got from Osaka and tell me what you think! (93H22ACX)

I have a small update. Check out the post I made a few topics below this !
Old 08-04-2004, 03:31 PM

http://www.japanstarmotor.com
free shipping all over united states