Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car started!! but I have 3 error codes :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 07:38 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car started!! but I have 3 CEL codes :(

Code 3 (map sensor)
code 14 IAC valve
code 41 Heated o2 sensor

I think it might have to do with the wireing of the ecu, but not sure. It will not hold an idle. it just keeps stalling. Any help would be great so I could drive the car.

Thanks!

edit: forgot to post what swap it was It is a 92 civic SI with a 93 JDM H22a. Also, since it is an SI, I didn't have to add the 4 wire 02 sensor, but when I wired in the Knock sensor, according to the civic wire diagram, D3 was for the heated 02 sensor, so I moved that to A6 I believe.

[Modified by LoudAccord, 10:45 AM 3/27/2003]
Old 03-27-2003, 09:58 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Car started!! but I have 3 CEL codes :( (LoudAccord)

It is a 92 civic SI with a 93 JDM H22a. Also, since it is an SI, I didn't have to add the 4 wire 02 sensor, but when I wired in the Knock sensor, according to the civic wire diagram, D3 was for the heated 02 sensor, so I moved that to A6 I believe.
D3 is the KNOCK sensor. A6 is the heated O2 sensor. Make sure you have a good wire/line from each sensor directly to the ECU, using a shielded wire. Then also try cleaning out your MAP sensor and throttle body with carb cleaner and then reset the ECU and check again.

Old 03-27-2003, 10:12 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Car started!! but I have 3 CEL codes :( (Newman)

there was a wire going into D3 already, so I had to cut it and wire in the knock sensor... the wire that I cut went to the heated 02 sensor, so I just moved the wire that I cut to A6. I will check the wires again though and try cleaning the map sensor.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Car started!! but I have 3 CEL codes :( (LoudAccord)

there was a wire going into D3 already, so I had to cut it and wire in the knock sensor... the wire that I cut went to the heated 02 sensor, so I just moved the wire that I cut to A6. I will check the wires again though and try cleaning the map sensor.
hrrmm, I doubt you had the KS wired up already if this a virgin engine swap for your 92 Si.

Are you sure you're looking at your ecu harness plug(s) the right way?

here, check out this diagram of mine, D3 should be blank/open, nothing should be in that particular pinout. Your VTEC lines should obviously, already be wired in since you own an Si model (sohc vtec) :

Your car is idle'ing crappy because your IACV sensor (code 14) and/or MAP sensor (code 3) isn't hooked up correctly. Check to see if you accidently plugged in the wrong sensor to its respective plug.

For the IACV, you might have accidentally plugged in the EGR plug into the IACV which would toss up the IACV check engine code.

For instance, the MAP sensor plug looks exactly like a TPS plug and will plug in to either sensor, but the ecu will not like that and give a check engine light...
Old 03-27-2003, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Car started!! but I have 3 CEL codes :( (Katman)

Also, if the MAP sensor is bad, you may also try out the Civic one. My MAP sensor was bad when I did my swap, but used the Civic.

As for everything else, good job Katman
Old 03-27-2003, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Car started!! but I have 3 CEL codes :( (poison)

gee, thanks Poison!
Old 03-27-2003, 07:12 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Car started!! but I have 3 CEL codes :( (Katman)

I must say... you guys know your ****!!!!

The wires were hooked up wrong (I didn't do it myself, but my friend was tired as hell, and made a mistake... lesson learned = do NOT work on car when DEAD tired! ) We were doing this at 4am, and we have been working on the car for 12 hours by that time. But I fixed it today, and all I have to do is fix my error code 41(heated 02 sensor). The car ran just fine (minus the 02 sensor cel) and the idle is good. I can't wait to post up the pics. just so you guys know, my only mod to my civic is the engine... lol I have coil-overs going in very soon.

last question is for the 02 sensor... do I have to do anything to the ecu even though it was already a 4 wire 02 sensor?

you guys are the greatest