Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I run GSR headers / cat. conveter in my Eg/GSR Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I run GSR headers / cat. conveter in my Eg/GSR Hybrid?

I just noticed on IAS web site that the complete swaps come with the cat. converter. Just wondering if I can run the GSR headers and cat. converter in my Eg?

Do the headers / cat connect to each other or is this where a test pipe comes into play? Thanks for any help on this!
Old 02-15-2003, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Can I run GSR headers / cat. conveter in my Eg/GSR Hybrid? (Hybrid93Hatch)

headers? how many are you using?
lol
jfwu

they send you the oem header and cat so you can get your swap installed asap.

just cut your exhaust shorter to mate up to the gsr cat's end
OR
you can get a testpipe made to replace the cat, made to fit the gsr header length, gsr header collector diameter, and the distance to reach the rest of the exhaust you have on your car.

Old 02-15-2003, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Can I run GSR headers / cat. conveter in my Eg/GSR Hybrid? (Hybrid93Hatch)

Just wondering if I can run the GSR headers and cat. converter in my Eg?
Yes you can because I am, wait maybe I'm doing something wrong? No seriously, you have to use the header at least since the D series wont fit a B motor, but you could use your stock cat if need be.

Do the headers / cat connect to each other or is this where a test pipe comes into play? Thanks for any help on this!
The GSR header connects directly to the cat converter then that connects to the exhaust. The GSR header is shorter than stock, so using that and a stock Civic or GSR cat will require your exhaust pipe to be lengthened to meet it. A "test pipe" is just a replacement for a cat converter, a piece of pipe put in it's place. Illegal for street use, but many people do it

[Modified by VTECVillain, 11:55 PM 2/15/2003]
Old 02-16-2003, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Can I run GSR headers / cat. conveter in my Eg/GSR Hybrid? (VTECVillain)

Sounds great! I'm going to just use the GSR cat. / headers and get custom 2 1/4" piping with a muffler. My brother runs his Accord with no cat. and it's wayyyyy to LOUD!

One more thing. Does the GSR header hang pretty low? My friend scrapped his DC Sports headers the other day where it meets with the piping and knocked it out of whack. A muffler shop fixed it but it's too low to the ground.

Thanks!

Old 02-16-2003, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GS-R header sits reasonably close to the oil pan in terms of height from the ground. Anything that would hit your header would probably hit that too.. so just be mindful of what's in the road and you'll be fine.