Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B18B into 98 Civic wiring question. Search function not working.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18B into 98 Civic wiring question. Search function not working.

I have been doing some research over this swap and was curious what wiring modifications are needed to install a B18B into a 1998 Civic DX. The motor is OBD II. I would think that nothing would be needed to modify if I use the Civic harness over. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know this question probably comes up all the time, but the search function doesn't seem to be working.

Thank you,

AJ
Old 06-16-2004, 04:41 AM

Default Re: B18B into 98 Civic wiring question. Search function not working. (Aahj)

i have the same exact set up except mine was obd1 so i have to get a conversion. but u shouldnt have any problem plugging them up with ur harness.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: B18B into 98 Civic wiring question. Search function not working. (Aahj)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Aahj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have been doing some research over this swap and was curious what wiring modifications are needed to install a B18B into a 1998 Civic DX. The motor is OBD II. I would think that nothing would be needed to modify if I use the Civic harness over. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know this question probably comes up all the time, but the search function doesn't seem to be working.

Thank you,

AJ</TD></TR></TABLE>

You WILL have to perform the IACV fix if you plan to reuse your DX engine harness on the B18B engine because the B18B engine uses a 2-wire IACV and your DX engine has a 3-wire IACV.

You can find the info on how to fix your IACV if you click on the "technet" link in my signature and look under ecu + wiring for OBD2a vehicles.

Also, you'll have to swap over to an integra CKF plug.

That's about it though.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Re: B18B into 98 Civic wiring question. Search function not working. (Katman)

Katman,

That information is great. Thank you!

Now since we are on the subject, I have a couple of other questions about this particular swap.

- Shift linkage: Integra shift linkage will work, correct?

-Motor mounts: I need to use a 99-00 Civic Si rear motor mount bracket. Are there any other mounts that I will need to change over?

-Exhaust: Will the stock exhaust manifold and downpipe from the B18B bolt up to the DX b-pipe? If not, is there any combination of b-pipes/downpipes that I could use so I don't have to take it to an exhaust shop?

Is there anything else that I'm missing? I'm trying to make sure I'm completely prepared for thie swap before I get into it.

Thank you very much for your time. Your website about the wiring is awesome.

Thanks again,

AJ
Old 06-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Aahj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Katman,

That information is great. Thank you!

-- yer welcome

Now since we are on the subject, I have a couple of other questions about this particular swap.

- Shift linkage: Integra shift linkage will work, correct?

-- that's an affirmative

-Motor mounts: I need to use a 99-00 Civic Si rear motor mount bracket. Are there any other mounts that I will need to change over?

-- Top tranny mount, you'll need to reuse your existing EK SOHC top tranny mount and you'll need to convert the timing-belt side mount over to an Si coupe's mount, if the B18B doesn't have a dual-post mount...if that makes any sense to you. All 94-01 integra's use a 3-post mount which is incompatible with EK's 'bridge mount'. Here's an image to show the dual-post mount:

-Exhaust: Will the stock exhaust manifold and downpipe from the B18B bolt up to the DX b-pipe? If not, is there any combination of b-pipes/downpipes that I could use so I don't have to take it to an exhaust shop?

-- Now, the B18B exhaust manifold will not mount up to a DX B-pipe because of the catalytic converter being in a different location in contrast to a B18's cataytic location. You'll definitly have to visit a muffler shop once you get the swap B18 in your DX. If you can get the b-pipe & cat from an LS integra, it will bolt up to your civic.

Is there anything else that I'm missing? I'm trying to make sure I'm completely prepared for thie swap before I get into it.

-- other that what I've explained about wiring, that should be it..

Thank you very much for your time. Your website about the wiring is awesome.

Thanks again,

AJ</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-17-2004, 03:36 AM

Default Re: B18B into 98 Civic wiring question. Search function not working. (Katman)

Katman,

Again, thanks for the help. I'd say I'm completely ready to take this on.

If I have anymore questions, I definitely know who I'll be contacting.

AJ