Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

axle combination (SEARCHED)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default axle combination (SEARCHED)

i have a h23a1 in my 92 civic si and the driver side axle snapped. i bought the car as is with the swap so i know little about the mods except that it has Place racing mounts and the driver side axle is a custom made one with prelude inner and civic/integra outer. the half/mid or intermediate shaft has to be prelude because the prelude end fits perfect whereas the OEM integra axle didnt bolt in.

my question is that with the Place Racing mounts, will i be ok with the axle combination of running a 90-93 accord mid/haft shaft with a oem 90-93 integra driver side axle? does anyone have this setup with the Place mounts and not the Hasport mounts? would it bind too much like stated in the forums i've searched? i found a set of axles for sale and am just wondering if i'd be ok to go with it. i dont really want to wait and order a custom axle from DSS or Raxle. oh and Blacktrax Performance in Milpitas is a joke. they dont answer their phone or return emails and they want to take a look at my car that has no axle in it. i live 70 miles from them and the only way they can look at it is if i towed it to them and that would cost just about as much as the axle.

thanks in advance.