Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWD Type R with an LS6!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWD Type R with an LS6!

Alright, I realize I just practiced complete false advertising. But I need help, and no one wants to answer me a simple *** question. I have a b20b bolted up to a b16 cable tranny (s1), and i need to know what halfshaft to use. Please tell me.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AWD Type R with an LS6! (GolfIVTyBiggums)

first off that was cheap....second, it depends on which axels use, if u using 90-93 teg axels u use 90-93 half shaf, and if u have 94-01 teg or del sol vtec axels u need 94-01 halft shaft. the difrence is the drivers axel, one is a female, the other is male, i beleave the 90-93 axels are male and the 94-01 are female, or to clear it up the half shaft for a 90-93 has on female side and one male side and the 94-01 has two males.....hope this helps you.

even though i could be like the "Norm" and say search....lata
Old 12-04-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: AWD Type R with an LS6! (punkracer)

So are you sure that the b16 transmission makes no difference in the halfshaft, as to the ls tranny? Because, Im pretty sure I have a 1992 ls halfshaft and when I stick it in the tranny, it is right up against the oil pan and the bracket cant reach the block. If you are talking out of your ***, and THEN telling me to search...Anyway, I've been trying to figure this out for some time. I know that I have the wrong halfshaft, and everyone seems to think that all b-series halfshafts are the same, I need a guru to clarify this for me, because it is driving me crazy.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: AWD Type R with an LS6! (punkracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by punkracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first off that was cheap</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GolfIVTyBiggums &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So are you sure that the b16 transmission makes no difference in the halfshaft, as to the ls tranny? Because, Im pretty sure I have a 1992 ls halfshaft and when I stick it in the tranny, it is right up against the oil pan and the bracket cant reach the block. If you are talking out of your ***, and THEN telling me to search...Anyway, I've been trying to figure this out for some time. I know that I have the wrong halfshaft, and everyone seems to think that all b-series halfshafts are the same, I need a guru to clarify this for me, because it is driving me crazy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He is not BS'ing. He is right. There is something wrong with you trans or block or something is not aligned
Old 12-04-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: AWD Type R with an LS6! (Turbogixxer)

The reason I cheaped out was I had a topic about this in Integra, and no one even looked at it. I had to think...what is the most ridiculous and eye-catching loaf of **** I can make up. Anyway, It seems like it must be my stupid halfshaft then, maybe I've got one for an automatic? Sorry if I was being an *******, but you would be too. Thanks.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GolfIVTyBiggums &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The reason I cheaped out was I had a topic about this in Integra, and no one even looked at it. I had to think...what is the most ridiculous and eye-catching loaf of **** I can make up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hahha, it is all good, it got me.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GolfIVTyBiggums &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyway, It seems like it must be my stupid halfshaft then, maybe I've got one for an automatic? Sorry if I was being an *******, but you would be too. Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Autos do not have half-shafts. You may have a shaft from another series of motor. Go to a junkyard and get one from a 90-93 teg. They are everywhere around here.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GolfIVTyBiggums &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I had to think...what is the most ridiculous and eye-catching loaf of **** I can make up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You know, after being on ls1tech.com your title isn't as far fetched to me as you might think.

There are some guys on there with some pretty crazy hybrids.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:57 AM

Boo i wanted to see the awd type r with and LS6 :thumbsdown: