Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWD CRX Build, Rear end options?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 12:15 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWD CRX Build, Rear end options?

I have started gathering parts for my awd CRX build. I plan on building a turbo gsr motor, and making around 400-450 whp... What are my rear end options? I see some use the wagovan rear ends... I'm just worried about the abuse its going to take when being launched... Has anyone retrofitted any other rears when converting to AWD such as an Evo, GSX or WRX?

I was checking out 88ED8's H2B CRX thread and gathered quite a bit of information from it but am still not sold on which rear i should go with. I fabricate and weld for a living so I know I can use something else, I just want the most bang for my buck and the easiest installtions without pumps and what have you.

Measure twice cut once is what i'm looking for and any input from you guys would be great.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:18 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: AWD CRX Build, Rear end options?

Bump
Old 12-27-2012, 02:34 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Pulling information from Honda-Tech is like trying to retrieve facts from a room full of retards anymore.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

unless you plan on swaping out the whole drivetrain i dont think a rear end from a different manufacturer will work. asking a question like that will make a lot of people her dismiss you. do your reseach there are a lot of threads on here about awd hondas. plenty have used the wagon rear end and axle.

check this thread it has a lot of good info
https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/ef4dr-ls-v-awd-setup-making-3027033/

Levi
Old 12-28-2012, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For your power goals the wagon rear will be perfect.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:53 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Thanks Epic, I emailed you a couple times regarding your kit, I was planning on buying your DC2 kit whenever you release it and still plan on doing so.

GSRinmyCRX, I know a lot of people get butt hurt over things that aren't oem or jdm here, but I've always wanted a boosted awd Honda and its not like I'm paving the way, there are quite a few conversions now and I've read my fair share of threads and gathered lota of information, I have about 70% of the parts I need just really wanted to weigh my options for the rear end.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

hes saying that if you would have done your research you would know the weak link is going to be the transfer case not the rear end. wagon rear ends will take quite a beating from what I understand.