Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto ek to manual ls swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto ek to manual ls swap

Hello All,

I plan on swapping my automatic 2000 EK ex to a manual ls, I want to use the LS tranny and engine. Can anyone point out any differences this would be from a straight d series to ls swap. For example, what motor mounts do I need? I was told that the auto mounting point on the is different than a manual mounting point on the ek chassis. Can I use a stock manual ls integra ecu? Would I use the pedal assembly out of the ls or a manual d series pedal assembly? Should I be worried about buying obd1 or obd2? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Auto ek to manual ls swap

Just order a full mount kit that includes the auto to manual conversion mount. Buy engine side obd2 ecu side either or but you will need a jump harness if you go obd1. You will also need obd1 if you to get tuned etc. I think you will need to get pedals from the same model youbhave now but in manual. Im pretty sure teggys would work but you rather not take the risk.

Also need clutch master cylinder, clutch line, with the pedals make sure you het the clutch safety switch already on it.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the response. I talked to hasport and they said all I need is a set of manual transmission mounts and the rear manual transmission bracket that bolts to the tranny, no welding required. I would probably do obd2 for ease but why do I have to do odb1 to get a tune? I would think I would need the pedals from a manual ek ex? I also want to retain the cruise control. Any other things anyone else can think of? I dont mind a little work and this car is my dd and def want a little bit quicker car and more torque and five speed. Thanks

Originally Posted by jdmem205
Just order a full mount kit that includes the auto to manual conversion mount. Buy engine side obd2 ecu side either or but you will need a jump harness if you go obd1. You will also need obd1 if you to get tuned etc. I think you will need to get pedals from the same model youbhave now but in manual. Im pretty sure teggys would work but you rather not take the risk.

Also need clutch master cylinder, clutch line, with the pedals make sure you het the clutch safety switch already on it.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea I wasnt sure on the ek auto to manual since I did it on an eg. But listen to hasport. Yea make sure the pedals have the clutch safety and cruise control switch. As far as what components you need to make crusie control work ill let someone else chime in.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cause obd1 ecus are the ones that are able to be chipped and modded easier or at all period.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the help man, I will make sure it has the place for the cruise control and the clutch safety switch. Hopefully some else will chime in and offer some advice, I am sure someone has done a d16 auto to ls manual swap at this point.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is it better to get an odb1 or obd2 motor for an ek coupe?
Old 07-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Obd2 engine with matching harness then just get a jumper harness and run a chipped p28
Old 07-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the help, I'm going to head to the junkyard soon and price ls swaps. Any idea what the average costs?